Sign in to follow this  
Devilray

Ike DS 125 Breakage

Hi everyone,

Unfotunately, the airport company I was travelling with damaged my luggages during my return from one of my diving-vacations. My Ike DS 125 was in that luggage :D and now the front glass and the flash-gun bulb are broken :angry

I know a guy who can fix my Ike DS 125, however, I need to find the original pieces of my broken strobe in order for him to fix it with the original pieces.

I would appreciate it if someone lets me know where I can purchase these original parts ASAP...

Thank you for your help :)

Hi everyone,

Unfotunately, the airport company I was travelling with damaged my luggages during my return from one of my diving-vacations. My Ike DS 125 was in that luggage :D and now the front glass and the flash-gun bulb are broken :angry

I know a guy who can fix my Ike DS 125, however, I need to find the original pieces of my broken strobe in order for him to fix it with the original pieces.

I would appreciate it if someone lets me know where I can purchase these original parts ASAP...

If your strobe, in your luggage still absorbed enough trauma to break the lens and bulb I would send it back to Ikelite. The DS 125's are great but I would be nervous about the integrity of the unit and wouldn't trust that it didn't have other issues also. It would take an unimaginable amount of force to break the lens and bulb while it was wrapped in your luggage. I've seen them dropped off of a table onto a cement floor and not break.

Andy

Hi everyone,

Send it back to Ikelite and file a claim with the people that broke it. To my knowledge, Ikelite does not make their parts available so it is really your only option.

Mike

I broke the bulb on mine while in Malaysia this past summer on vacation. My best option was to buy a new one in Bangkok, then get the old one fixed once I got home. But now I have two!

I agree that it's probably best to have Ike fix it, that way if anything else screws up, it's not your fault. Just my opinion.

Definatly send the strobe back to Ikelite, have them fix it and file a claim with the airline. The airline will pay you to get it fixed. I've had to do this before.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements