loftus

Dawn at Crystal River

Carol (cgrant) and I spent a couple of hours at Three Sisters yesterday. Viz could have been better, but the little cutie in the two closer images made my day. She would not let me stop scratching her and kept moving my hand around on her belly and under arms till I scratched where she wanted, all the while nuzzling on my arm. So cool.

242511124-L.jpg

242511635-L.jpg

242512111-L.jpg

242527333-L.jpg

Edited by loftus

All are nice, but I love the expression in the last one.

Carol (cgrant) and I spent a couple of hours at Three Sisters yesterday. Viz could have been better, but the little cutie in the two closer images made my day. She would not let me stop scratching her and kept moving my hand around on her belly and under arms till I scratched where she wanted, all the while nuzzling on my arm. So cool.

Great shots, all of them. I like the reflection with the sky.

Yes, nice to see the results first hand!!

Jeff was sure "stoked"!!! ;)

That manatee would not leave him alone - it was indeed all manatee initiated "approach and investigate". I thought of going over and trying to get the manatee's attention so Jeff could get a little distance and a good pic of it (that is the problem when a manatee gets sort of "obsessed" with you, getting enough distance for a good pic...); anyway I was going to intervene but I saw them communicating and figured Jeff could figure it out for himself..... ;)

The only thing is Jeff - err, a...., well...., I'm not positive that is a gal manatee...... :ninja: But for sure it was a younger one so ?????? :wub:

I like the first pic and the others too, it is cool how everyone gets different "mood" with manatee, they are an always changing subject. I was told once (by someone who had won quite a few photo contests), that the manatee had been photoed so much there was nothing new to capture..... HA!! Of course he had never photoed a manatee in the springs.......

Thanks Jeff! Carol

Very nice images. I was under the impression that strobes weren't really necessary. Did you dind it easy to use strobes there?

Joe

Very nice images. I was under the impression that strobes weren't really necessary. Did you dind it easy to use strobes there?

Joe

Thanks guys; I think you need strobes. Really early in the morning you need them, then as the sun comes up and it gets lighter more for fill. Later on maybe not, but then the manatees may have left already. I've done this trip with and without, I'd definitely have them even if they are not turned on later in the morning.

Sponsors

Advertisements