Sign in to follow this  
chris_l

Inon mount base

I have a Fuji F30 in the fuji housing.

I'd like to add an Inon 105 wide angle lense. I know I need the inon AD mount adapter for my housing.

The real question is can I use the inon mount on any tray or do I really need the inon tray for this?

Which, of course, raises the price of the whole deal.

Also, I would like a color correcting filter mainly for taking videos. Are there any that fit the AD mount. I saw one from 10bar, but that's only one I could see.

One more issue. In my perfect world it would be nice to put on the filter and then the WA lense to be able to do video. Is that possible with the AD system?

Thanks

I have a Fuji F30 in the fuji housing.

I'd like to add an Inon 105 wide angle lense. I know I need the inon AD mount adapter for my housing.

The real question is can I use the inon mount on any tray or do I really need the inon tray for this?

Which, of course, raises the price of the whole deal.

Also, I would like a color correcting filter mainly for taking videos. Are there any that fit the AD mount. I saw one from 10bar, but that's only one I could see.

One more issue. In my perfect world it would be nice to put on the filter and then the WA lense to be able to do video. Is that possible with the AD system?

Thanks

Hi Chris

Did you ever get an answer to this? I've got the same kit and was wondering about the filter. Pity you can't manual white balance for video on this camera.

Alex

If you wanted a filter on for the whole dive you could put a 'magic filter' over the camera lens or on the inside of the housing port , i know its not ideal because you cannot take it off underwater.

also if you are just using the AD mount on your camera you do not need a tray , it should attach to the tripod mount on the housing ( sorry if you know this already )

vinny

Hi,

Very timely question, as I was just setting up my F30 housing w/ AD mount base this weekend. I do not have the Inon tray.

If you use your own tripod screw, you can use any tray, although it is not ideal. The screw goes through your tray, and then through the mount base, then into the tripod mount on the Fuji housing. The housing can rotate, and the screw needs to be exactly the right length, or you have to use a rubber washer.

The Inon tray is designed to keep the housing from rotating.

Cheers

James

Ok, an update on this.

I bought the mount base and the 165 fisheye lense. I was originally going with the 105WA, but changed my mind and got the fisheye. Haven't tried it underwater yet.

I have the sea&sea light tray and arm (generously donated from my brother-in-law as he upgraded to DSLR). That tray has a thumbscrew in a slot. The thumbscrew was not long enough with the base installed. No problem, I drilled out one end of the slot to release the screw. I had a few different thumbscrews of varying length to try and got one to work, although it required some filing of the plastic collar to fit the slot.

The sea&sea has kind of a rubbery base which holds the camera fairly well.

However, the mount base has extra holes in it which you can put a bolt in. I may drill another hole in the tray to allow me to put a bolt though. This would ensure no rotational movement of the camera housing.

I haven't seen any other filters other than the 10bar AD red filter. I'm leaning towards auto magic filter for use in video mode. That would allow use with the FE lense. I wonder how that would work. Of course, the downside is you're stuck in video or available light stills for the whole dive.

I don't know of any camera that allows manual WB in video mode.

To answer another thing someone mentioned, I'm using a strobe (maybe 2) so I need the tray.

Great! I too have an old Sea and Sea tray that I used. It's aluminum and has a rubberized portion and had two tapped holes at one end to mount a dovtail bracket or a handle. I put a dovetail on there and added my ultralight arm system.

For mounting the housing, I drilled a hole a little bigger than the 1/4 twenty tripod screw and did just what you did - found an old tripod screw of the right length to mount the housing.

You can get an auto-magic filter sheet and cut a piece to fit inside the Fuji housing. If you do that, you won't want to use your strobe at the same time, but it will work great in video mode.

Cheers

James

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements