Sign in to follow this  
yupaso

Inon WA Lenses for Fantasea + P5100 setup?

hi

I just got a Nikon P5100 + Fantasea Housing for my first UW camera.

Is there any way I can use Inon WA lenses with Fantasea housing?

(I would like to use Inon dome unit later on)

If I can`t, I need to buy another camera which can be used with Inon lense, unfortunately :D

hi

I just got a Nikon P5100 + Fantasea Housing for my first UW camera.

Is there any way I can use Inon WA lenses with Fantasea housing?

(I would like to use Inon dome unit later on)

If I can`t, I need to buy another camera which can be used with Inon lense, unfortunately :D

The housing has a thredded ring. IIRC it's 46mm diameter. You should be able to buy a 46mm to 67mm step up ring adapter from any decent camera shop and use Inon's 67mm threadded lenses.

Also, Ikelite has an AD mount adapter for their compact housings for $50. I haven't seen anybody try one on a non-ikelite housing yet, but I have been meaning to get one to try it out on the fantasea housing for my P4.

If these don't work for you, rather than geting another camera, you could also just get the Ikelite housing for the P5100 and save the hassle of looking for a new camera and housgng. You can get both 67mm theadded and the AD mount adapters for them.

hey randini- how does that ike adapter work anyway? I was looking at one for my p5000 but that housing isnt listed as one of the ones it works with.

yupaso-

The ike housing for your camera would be a good choice if not the adapter ring. Its the same style poly housing but has the capa bilities of being places on a tray and features iTTL circutry and bulkheads for adding strobes when the time comes (I own and fully endorse the housing).

As far as I know the Ike AD adapter wouldn't work very well on a Fantasea FP5100 housing. The Ike adapter stays on by hitting a indented ring on the Ike port with some mounting screws. The Fantasea housing doesn't work that way. It uses a 46mm thread port mount. Fantasea does make a nice W/A lens and should be coming out with a macro lens fairly soon.

Jack

Thanks for replies :)

Using adapter ring gonna be better choice for me at the moment.

I may buy two adapter rings 46mm-52mm-67mm (I can`t buy any 46mm-67mm ring here :( )

Is it no problem to use two step-up rings for W/A lense?

PS. I thought about AD mount base from Inon which could match my housing, but there`s no chance

of knowing how this AD mount work and which one can be fit or not for my housing.

There is no Off line shop selling all kind of Inon stuffs in my country !

Thanks for replies :)

Using adapter ring gonna be better choice for me at the moment.

I may buy two adapter rings 46mm-52mm-67mm (I can`t buy any 46mm-67mm ring here :( )

Is it no problem to use two step-up rings for W/A lense?

PS. I thought about AD mount base from Inon which could match my housing, but there`s no chance

of knowing how this AD mount work and which one can be fit or not for my housing.

There is no Off line shop selling all kind of Inon stuffs in my country !

I think you probably will get some vignetting using an adapter ring, I'd be interested to see how it works out for you, be sure to post some pics.

According to Inon, there is no AD mount base plate that will work with the Fantasea housings. :-(

Jack

I think you probably will get some vignetting using an adapter ring, I'd be interested to see how it works out for you, be sure to post some pics.

According to Inon, there is no AD mount base plate that will work with the Fantasea housings. :-(

Jack

I thought that Fantasea now makes a lens to fit this housing?

http://www.fantasea.com/s.nl/it.A/id.224/.f

Or am I missing something?

Jon

I thought that Fantasea now makes a lens to fit this housing?

http://www.fantasea.com/s.nl/it.A/id.224/.f

Or am I missing something?

Jon

Yes, they make a great wide angle lens that is about the same as the Inon. But no macro as of yet. I have heard rumors about it, but not seen anything.

Jack

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements