Hi

I need your great expertise!!!!

I am in the process of switching from PC to Mac. LOVE the MAC!!!!

The only reason that I am clinging to my little Vaio, is I have a great plug in for photoshop called " Kedaffies Filter - Bring back the Reds" It works a treat for me at work when I have to edit loads of UW jpeg files very quickly to sell them to my passengers. I know the quickest way is not allways the best way, but for me here its a time issue.

Of couse the filter is not compatable with my mac. I really dont want to carry around 2 laptops!!!! Its ridiculous. But it has become a tool that over the last year I come come to depend apon.

Does any one know anything about "Kedaffies Filter"? Is there anyway to make it Mac compatable?

I have tried a photoshop forum, but not many people there knew alot about the problems encountered with UW phots.

If any one can point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate any comments here.

Then does anyone want to buy a Sony Vaio?.......

Thanks

Seeesharky

... if any one can point me in the right direction...

Well, I was in the same boat this year when I moved my Business over to Mac.

I had a contact manager (Goldmine) that I had used for over 10 years.

I initially evaluated VMWare's Fusion for the Mac (http://www.vmware.com/products/fusion/) as well as Parallels.

I was quite impressed with Fusion and since I was familiar with VMWare from my Server exploits I purchased a copy.

At any rate id idi solve my immediate issues and allowed my to move forward. I have since moved on to Daylite (a native MAC contact manager) and don't need to run Fusion any longer, but it still sites on my mac just in case.

Give Fusion or Parallels a try. Maybe it will work for you.

VM's and Photoshop latest and greatest builds (versions) are not naturally very good bedfellows.

If you are using an old version of Photoshop (pre CS say ), then you might pull it off - if not good luck and post some tips !

Paul C - trying to move to Linux - not quite there yet :D

Have you thought of adjusting a typical photograph in PS without the plug-in and creating an action for quick application to other images?

In fact it sounds like you would even be better off in Lightroom or Aperture for this type of thing, create some presets and apply them to a batch of photographs, without any need to go to Photoshop.

Edited by loftus

Thanks all for yor comments

i will look into VMware

I wish I had time to start looking into aperature, but right now all my spare time is going onto FCP studio, which is taking all spare time i have. I will eventually, but not for at least a few months.

Is anyone else using Kedaffies Filter or similar, wth a mac? I will be keen to here fom you.

Cheers

Seeesharky

Sponsors

Advertisements