MAR299

Ikelite Canon G9 Housing and Continuous Shooting

I am new to underwater photography and am considering purchasing a Canon G9 with an Ikelite housing. The Ikelite website indicates that the housing permits accessability to all camera functions except continuous shooting and self timer. Should I be concerned not having accessability to the continuous shooting function? Does anyone know if the Canon OEM housing provides accessability to the continuous shooting function?

The Ikelite website says that their housing doesn't give access to the self timer and continuous shooting button, not that it doesn't give access to these features. So you can still use continuous shooting by putting it into continuous mode before putting the camera in the housing.

Still, the photo of the housing makes it look like the housing has a button over the timer/continuous button on the camera...

I'm a bit disappointed by this, as I was considering upgrading to a G9, but actually would use the self-timer underwater. Still, maybe it's possible enable the timer underwater by setting the shutter button to the custom timer, and then using the menus (which are accessible in the housing) to change the custom timer length between 0 and 10 seconds.

The OEM housing gives you access to every control.

You can't spin the wheel, but you can replicate the functionality of the wheel by holding down the customizable button on the upper left and using "left" and "right" on the four way to "spin".

I was worried that would be a pain in the butt, but it was actually quite easy and I used it all the time ... I used it for 6 days in a row a few weeks ago and I was in manual a lot.

Sponsors

Advertisements