glindsey

HV20 footage

I've saw some requests for HV20 footage so I thought I'd post something I found on another forum.

http://hv20.com/showthread.php?p=45181

The footage is at

http://gallery.mac.com/m5mike#100005

The edges are blurry because of the wide angle but if you can fix that, it looks nice. They used the Ikelite housing with the Inon wide angle lens, which doesn't work well for this setup.

Greg

Edited by glindsey

Yes I was the one who asked for this, pitty there are some little number of examples of this

The edges are blurry because of the wide angle but if you can fix that, it looks nice. They used the Ikelite housing with the Inon wide angle lens, which doesn't work well for this setup.

do you have any ideas what W/A lens does work well? i have the HV10, ike housing and got the Inon lens, and it definitely....well, sucks is about the only work i can think of.

Edited by justin-branam

Justin the options are none at the moment- I have been on the phone with Ikelite several times talking about a solution and the facts are this- Sony has a bigger market share so they are looking at a dome port for the likes of the Sony line that would let you use a internal wide angel lens with the dome port to get better images. They said it might work for the Canon but the Canon wide angel lens is to big to fit inside the dome port! That the latest also they said the more phone calls and emails they receive from Canon users will help in a timely solution....SO CALL AWAY

Ask for the design manager.

Ikelite--317-924-7988 or ikelite@ikelite.com

-Scott Blain

Justin the options are none at the moment- I have been on the phone with Ikelite several times talking about a solution and the facts are this- Sony has a bigger market share so they are looking at a dome port for the likes of the Sony line that would let you use a internal wide angel lens with the dome port to get better images. They said it might work for the Canon but the Canon wide angel lens is to big to fit inside the dome port! That the latest also they said the more phone calls and emails they receive from Canon users will help in a timely solution....SO CALL AWAY

Ask for the design manager.

Ikelite--317-924-7988 or ikelite@ikelite.com

-Scott Blain

I'll call anyways, but what about this statement which is on ikes website under the HV10 housing:

Canon's WD-H37C Wide 0.7X Converter Lens can be used on the camera with this housing. Using this lens requires the original port be replaced with either the optional Ikelite Dome Port #9306.70 or Flat Port #9306.71. The Dome Port provides a wider angle of coverage, but has limited zoom and macro range. The Flat Port offers full zoom and full macro capabilities

granted it is a .7x and not a .55, but if the quality is there, id be interested in that setup.

as far as the HV20 goes ike has this to say:

Special ports are available for use with the Raynox HD-5050 Pro high definition wide-angle lens. Optional ports sold separately as dome port #9304 or flat lens port #9304.1. Raynox HD-5050 Pro lens not included. Lens not available for purchase through Ikelite.

I do have that lens for above water stuff, and the quality is pretty good (for a $90 lens), so im curious if that would work with the HV10?

Edited by justin-branam

Be careful. The Raynox 5050 works great with the HV10, but is not the recommended lens for the HV20.

The Raynox 6600-52 with a 5243 adapter ring is recommend for the HV20.

Be careful. The Raynox 5050 works great with the HV10, but is not the recommended lens for the HV20.

The Raynox 6600-52 with a 5243 adapter ring is recommend for the HV20.

what is the reasoning behind this? i assume the 6600 will work fine with the hv10? im thinking of sending my 5050 back as i just bought it a few days ago and can still return it.

If you go on the Raynox site, you'll see the 6600-52 is what they recommend for the HV20.

I don't know the physics behind it, but I know it's a lot more complicated than just matching up thread sizes.

There are several threads over on the HV20 and DVinfo forum on W/A lenses for the HV20. I believe most have come to the conclusion that the Raynox 6600-52 with adapter ring is the current best choice. I think there also a few sample pics of the 5050 with the HV20 not looking too good.

I'll see if I can find and link the threads.

Here ya go,

The 5050 not working well with the HV20

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?...ght=hv20+raynox

The 6600-52.

http://www.hv20.com/showthread.php?t=441&page=8

Edited by ronscuba

Sponsors

Advertisements