Sign in to follow this  
donga

Buddy Location Data base

Just putting in a plug again for ideas and an update on what you guys in admin are doing about creating a buddy board online?

I don't think it is complicated or needs to be but it would enhance the community and the wearabouts of fellow underwater paparatzi if we knew the vacinity of where they lived and how to contact them.

Some feedback anyway.

Edited by donga

I seem to remember that in an earlier thread it was agreed that a start would be to fill in your residence in your profile (netherlands for me). Where are you located?

Have amended my profile to show where I am from. The problem is not everyone does this - your in the netherlands but it doesn't say where? You also cant be contacted by email. PM is fine but is limited to when you come here - some don't come here for weeks or months.

A simple data base with exact location and contact email would be better.

I'm in Zwolle. but then the Netherlands are not as large as Australia....

If you PM me, i always get an email notification straight away. I didnt post my email to save myself a little from "bots" that might be roaming the internet to do some spamming.

I appreciate your invitation but i don't think I will ever be coming to the Netherlands dude.

Having said this, my concern was for those living in proximity to each other and not necissarily dropping by while on a world tour.

Spy bots can't access your email unless they become members of Wetpixel.

Still puttin it out there so this topic doesn't go away.

It's a good idea c'mon.....

Agreed. I am going to Guadalupe on the Solmar V at the beginning of September and need a buddy. Anyone fancy coming.

Alex

Hi

A buddy finder seems like a good idea.

The simplest thing would be to extend the forum search engine to search within member profiles. Then I could simply put "BERMUDA" and hit search for a list of those registered here.

Of course not everyone wants to be buddied up, and there would have to be a "click here to make yourself searchable" function

Cheers

Hal

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements