acco205

Older style Ike sync bulkhead

Has anyone found a way to overcome the Ike sync bulkhead that stick straight out of the back of the housing? They're newer ones all have the right angle connector to eliminate stress, but mine doesnt and I've noticed the sharp kink in the sync cord as I'm pushing my way through high winter surf.

I was thinking perhaps if there is a right angle bulkhead on the market that will bolt right up, or perhaps a 5 pin sync chord with a right angle on one end?

Kind of a poor design (i'm partial to the sea & sea housing with the bulkhead on the top...). Anyone have a solution to remedy it? It would be nice to be able to lay my rig down without laying it on the port.

thanks,

Mike

I had a problem with the way that the Ike synch cord bent sharply out where it came out of the bulkhead fitting on my first housing, long ago. I jury-rigged a fix that kept the cord working - basically this was just the plastic core from a roll of some kind of tape., diameter about two inches. I taped the first few inches of the synch cord around the outside of the core so that the bend in the synch cord was made gently around the core instead of being pulled into a sharp right angle. For what it's worth.

Robert Delfs

Plan B

You can buy the new style from Ike and install it yourself.

Paul C

I cut a hose protector length wise and attached with cable ties. Works so far - touch wood

About four years ago I had the same problem.... I was going through a sync cord every 1.3 days of diving... A 1 week trip was a 6 sync cord deal for me...I contacted Ike and they said (at the time) that they had never heard of any complaints about where the sync cord was placed. So I fixed it myself...I switched to sea and sea....

Sponsors

Advertisements