Scuba_SI

Exploding mac chargers?!

Hi all,

Ok, not quite exploding, but noisy! :blush:

Last night before i went out i detached the magsafe end from my Macbook Pro but left it plugged into the wall. This morning it would appear that the fuse inside the British/Singapore plug had blown and it wouldn't charge the laptop. I swapped to a euro power cable and connected it to the laptop, and the green light on the magsafe thingy would go green for 2 or 3 seconds then go off, even though the battery is dead and needs a full charge. I id this repeatedly and cleaned the contacts with some dry tissue.

I read on the apple website about disconnecting for one minute etc the reconnecting and when i did that i got a loud bang from the white, square transformer and it threw the breaker for the whole house. It was very hot.

Now i get no lights however i connect it.

Nothing else in the house has any damage that would suggest a power surge or dirty power causing this.

Anyone ever experienced anything like this? What is the best way to get apple to fix it? I bought it in Singapore, can i take it to any service centre? (woohoo Jakarta trip?)

sure that pet chihuahua didn't piss on your transformer before being evicted?

or Veitch was charging his bedroom toys again... :blush:

Edited by pakman

Scubaboard Pak... Barangay Pasaway.

All cross dressing photos and stories of gay pets must remain over there from now on!

Give them a call and they'll tell you what they know, regarding where they'll stand on providing a replacement...

worst case - your call really but I've been running a third-party power pack on my old PowerBook for 3 years now.... no probs.....

ebay's got tonnes of them..... just do some background research as some are undoubtedly gonna be better than others.....

chris

Simon, the Apple service centers is in Carrefour or Ace Hardware. Both will send it for you to Apple Jakarta. I would also email Apple about this as it may be a problem with the power supply. I remember Apple had a recall on the old TiPBG4 flying saucer power supplies because they'd overheat and blow up.

Also check with Robert on when he's leaving.

i think he wants to go to jakarta :blush:

Thanks Drew.

Mike - Shush.

Sigh Simon

What do they say... think global, act local?

Sponsors

Advertisements