Sign in to follow this  
henkelphoto

back to uw photography after 15 years

Hi guys!

New poster here. I’m about to get back into diving after a hiatus of about 15 years. Suffice to say, I’m a bit bewildered by the amount of new stuff out there.

I’ve just picked up a Nikon D300 and will be looking at some of the housings, but the last time I dove, I used a Nikonos V.

I’ve got a Nikon 100 2.8 , 35mm 2.0 and 20 2.8 lenses, but I was thinking of picking up a Sigma 10-20mm zoom. Does anyone use one of these and if so, are they sharp on the edges (at least enough sharp)?

Any helpful hints would be great.

As for my diving ,I’m kind of a warm water wimp so will be spending my dive time in tropical locations.

Thanks!

Jerry

Hi guys!

New poster here. I’m about to get back into diving after a hiatus of about 15 years. Suffice to say, I’m a bit bewildered by the amount of new stuff out there.

I’ve just picked up a Nikon D300 and will be looking at some of the housings, but the last time I dove, I used a Nikonos V.

I’ve got a Nikon 100 2.8 , 35mm 2.0 and 20 2.8 lenses, but I was thinking of picking up a Sigma 10-20mm zoom. Does anyone use one of these and if so, are they sharp on the edges (at least enough sharp)?

Any helpful hints would be great.

As for my diving ,I’m kind of a warm water wimp so will be spending my dive time in tropical locations.

Thanks!

Jerry

I have the D-300 and Sigma 10-20mm in Sea & Sea housing.

Housing is excellent except a few "issues" (no tripod connector and the black coating doesnt seem very resilient)

Here's a link to the photos from my 1st time out (please be gentle people, it was my first time :)

http://nickambrose.smugmug.com/gallery/445...otZmy#261821546

Unfortunately no one had told me not to shoot ISO 800 (or 400 really) so it took a lot of processing to get most of the noise out. These were ambient light at 30-70 feet in California.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements