Are there any disadvantages of buying the Inon Z240 in Japan? Other than, of course, saving $200 over the cost to buy one here. :)

My nephew lives in Japan and would be willing to purchase it and send it to me. No problem with the manual being in Japanese, as I already have one Z240 and have the English manual.

I believe the one he saw on a website was not the newer version that was discussed earlier on this forum.

If there are good reasons to NOT purchase this strobe in Japan, I'll certainly pay more $$$ to avoid potential problems down the road. But if not, I thought it would be a great way to save money.

Thanks.

Ellen

Basic question: Will Inon USA honor the warrenty or service it?

I live in UK and I bought a couple of Z-240's from Yuzo Kanda. His price and service were first class. The stobes arrived with a 'CE' mark so they will be identified by European suppliers as exported items and should therefore be subject to warranty. The manual was English but confusingly laid out and poorly translated (by INON?). Maybe INON America have a better manual. It would be good to see a 'grey market' software version in circulation...

Hi Ellen,

Inon Z240 typeâ…¢ is sell for JPY56,000 at AQUAFORUM in Japan.

http://www.jpce.co.jp/aquaforum/shohin.e/inon-st.html#001

http://www.jpce.co.jp/aquaforum/shohin/inon-st.html#003

Only 2 Inon Z240 typeâ…¡ is sell for JPY50,400.

http://www.jpce.co.jp/aquaforum/tokka/spec080221.htm

I get some goods for the best price at AQUAFORUM.

Yoko

Only 2 Inon Z240 typeâ…¡ is sell for JPY50,400.

http://www.jpce.co.jp/aquaforum/tokka/spec080221.htm

I get some goods for the best price at AQUAFORUM.

That looks like a great price for the type 2. Thanks for the link.

Do you know if they ship to the U.S. at that price?

The other question is the warranty and if it will be honored here in the US.

I asked the specific question to Yuzo when I placed a order with them. Items purchased thru them must be returned to them for warranty work. They are upfront about this. For that reason I purchased all my hard parts from them then ordered my strobe(s) from Inon America. Purchasing arms, trays, joints and lenses I still saved 350+ dollars from Yuzo.

YMMV

Jeff

Inon Z240 typeâ…¡ is sell for JPY50,400 and your EMS charge will be JPY3,200. The warranty does work in Japan alone.

Yoko

I purchased Z-220 from Yuzo several years ago & used for 150~200 dives & is finally dead. I sent him for service & it was beyond economical repair & He supply me Z-240 at discounted price. He also, repaired/serviced my other strobes like SB-103/104/105 and S&S products. I am VERY happy with his service.

Sam

Edited by shchae

I have one 240-z from Japan and one on order with the UK importer. As I understand it, either way they go back to Japan for repair. My Subtronics have to go back to Germany, so what's the big deal?

Do you have Yuzo's contact information?

Thanks.

Ellen

info@naturephoto.co.jp

www.uwdigitalcamera.com

I have one 240-z from Japan and one on order with the UK importer. As I understand it, either way they go back to Japan for repair. My Subtronics have to go back to Germany, so what's the big deal?

Here in the US, repairs are done locally.

Linda

Here in the US, repairs are done locally.

Linda,

Is that the case even if the Z240 is purchased from Japan?

Ellen

Linda,

Is that the case even if the Z240 is purchased from Japan?

Ellen

Ellen, I'm guessing that they would provide warranty service only for those strobes that they've imported. And that you could pay to have them repair strobes that you purchased elsewhere. But you should check with Mark or Steve at Inon America to be sure. I believe that the service center was set up to support the distributorship.

Linda

HI Ellen

i have purchaced lots of stuff from yuzo in japan inon lenses, strobes & ultralight arms,his prices are very good and his prices on inon strobes are 2nd to none i have seen .

i have found that i can purchace items from japan and have them posted out to me in Australia faster than i can have the same shiped from an Australian dealer , also he answers his emails promply,,, usually within hours not days as i had happen with some other sellers.

in reference to after sales service i returned a Inon Z240 to Yuso for repairs for a fault that was caused bu a Sync cable , i was able to post the item to Japan and have it repaired and returned within a few weeks ! while a friend of mine returned his Z240 for repairs in Ausrtralia and it took him months!!

considering this i cant see any reason that why i wouldent by from Japan

Regards

Matt

Do you have FedEx or UPS in the USA? Ah, I thought so!

i returned a Inon Z240 to Yuso for repairs for a fault that was caused bu a Sync cable , i was able to post the item to Japan and have it repaired and returned within a few weeks ! while a friend of mine returned his Z240 for repairs in Ausrtralia and it took him months!!

considering this i cant see any reason that why i wouldent by from Japan

Thank you to you and all the others who contributed to this thread and who sent their input via PM.

It seems like it's most definitely a way to go. I will be investigating whether it's better to order direct from Yuko or have my nephew purchase it in Japan and then ship it to me.

Glad you got your strobe back so quickly. I think the distance to the U.S. West Coast (where I live) is further than from Japan to where you live, but hopefully I would receive it just as quickly as you did.

Ellen

Thank you to you and all the others who contributed to this thread and who sent their input via PM.

It seems like it's most definitely a way to go. I will be investigating whether it's better to order direct from Yuko or have my nephew purchase it in Japan and then ship it to me.

Glad you got your strobe back so quickly. I think the distance to the U.S. West Coast (where I live) is further than from Japan to where you live, but hopefully I would receive it just as quickly as you did.

Ellen

I live in Spore... I get stuffs frmo Japan all the time because of my job. how do I order from Yuko?

Thanks

I live in Spore... I get stuffs frmo Japan all the time because of my job. how do I order from Yuko?

Thanks

Hi

Might be a typo there YUZO is in Japan

you can order by going on to his website

here

uw digital camera

Regards

Matt

I remember reading this thread last year and now that INON Japan has taken over distribution what do folks of buying a strobe in Japan now? Warranty repair in the USA was one of the added values but it would seem to me that all INON strobes will have to be sent back to Japan for work. So when the price difference is so great buying them in the USA has little going for it other than connivence.

I am going through Tokyo in May and sitting here wondering?? Of course now that Sea&Sea has their 110alpha out they are looking more appealing than the INONs. Any know Sea&Sea positions on buying in Japn versus the USA?

Edited by allen

I remember reading this thread last year and now that INON Japan has taken over distribution what do folks of buying a strobe in Japan now? Warranty repair in the USA was one of the added values but it would seem to me that all INON strobes will have to be sent back to Japan for work. So when the price difference is so great buying them in the USA has little going for it other than connivence.

I am going through Tokyo in May and sitting here wondering?? Of course now that Sea&Sea has their 110alpha out they are looking more appealing than the INONs. Any know Sea&Sea positions on buying in Japn versus the USA?

Hi,

I used to buy stuffs from downtown Tokyo & they charge you consumer's tax and Yuzo does not when he ship to outside Japan

and he handles S&S stuffs in good price too.

Sam

Sponsors

Advertisements