ornate_wrasse

CSA Travel Protection Trip Insurance

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on my experience this past weekend purchasing trip insurance for my trip to Wakatobi, Bali & Lembeh this September.

On Saturday, I entered my age, trip cost & destination and got a quote of a little over $300. On Sunday, when I was going to purchase the insurance, I entered the same information and got a quote of over $100 more. I called up CSA Travel Protection today to find out why the premium increased more than $100 in one day. I was told the reason for the increase in premium was that CSA had a new underwriter. To be fair, there were some additional benefits for the higher premium. However, I didn't want or need the additional benefits. The woman I spoke with did allow me to purchase the cheaper policy since I already had been given a quote, but apparently if you have not been given a quote already, you will have to pay the new rate.

In the past, I have not purchased travel insurance for dive trips so this sudden increase was a big surprise to me. Perhaps it's common to have premium increases of this size, but just thought I'd alert you to the change.

Ellen

That's not good news. I've used CSA for most of my past trips. :D

An excellent website I recently discovered is InsureMyTrip.com -- they compare dozens of different companies (including CSA) to help find the best policy for a given person.

An excellent website I recently discovered is InsureMyTrip.com -- they compare dozens of different companies (including CSA) to help find the best policy for a given person.

Thanks, Bruce. That website looks like it'll be very handy for future trips I'll be taking.

Sponsors

Advertisements