Sign in to follow this  
rbhayes

What Batteries/Charger ?

Just got my Oly 4040, Tetra Housing, and Dual YS90DX Strobes. Everything takes AA batteries - what brand of batteries and chargers are people using? Has anyone tried the 1800 mAH NiMH batteires? What brands? How about chargers? With a need to charge 12 at a time should buy 3 chargers?

Hmm...I think the Ansmann charger may be able to charge 12 AA batteries at a time. There has been a lot of talk about this charger online lately. Apparently it is "universal" in that you can plug it into just about any type of power anywhere in the world. It better - for how much it costs...hehe.

Here's a picture from www.nexusamerica.com

Cheers

James Wiseman

[Edited on 3-10-2002 by jamesw]

Ordered the Ansmann Charger on Sunday - showed up yesterday! Yes - it does charge 12 at time. Woody from Nexus America was very responsive and a pleasure to deal with.

Someone told me not to use this type of power because they will produce a little more air and make the housing leak? Especially in small Flash Housings normal Batteries will be better? Isn´t this true?

Heiko

I have not found this to be a problem.

I now use NiMH in all my strobes (Nikon and Sea and Sea).

HTH

James

You can get three Maha chargers for a lot less than the Ansmann. You have to carry a little more bulk, but not that much. The three chargers and two of the power bricks fit into one of the small Otter boxes.

I rigged up a three-sided pigtail so I only take up one outlet on the charging table.

Richard

I use the MaHa 1800 ma batteries in my Oly 4040 and can get two dives without a problem. That's with the monitor and auto focus on all the time.

Karl

Originally posted by rstark

Here is a link to a good online source for all things rechargable http://www.thomasdistributing.com/

I LOVE these guys, and have purchased all of my rechargeables from them.

I like the MAHA chargers a lot -- 'cept that their AC adapters are 110V only. I fried a charger by plugging it in to 220V. :)

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements