Sign in to follow this  
Mido21

Ikelite 6" Port + Tokina 12-24 - Diopter And/Or extension?

Similar topics for sure discussed thousand times before here but I did not find clear answer - does anybody use Ikelite 6" Port + Tokina 12-24 combination? Lack of the corner sharpness of similar WA lens was reported many times here. Is +4 diopter (... carefully suggested in Ikelite booklet) a total must or a significant improvement at least? And if so, is the length of Tokina 6" port enough or should it be extended somehow to match nodal points? Personal experience is warmly welcomed, I can hardly implement all those theoretical calculations cross-referred here and simply do not have time for my own pool R&D procedure.

THX

Michal - the DSRL greenhorn

Sorry for my English broken a bit

My first entry here on Wetpixel forum and zero reaction - not extremely encouraging I have to say.

Or really nobody use that rig configuration?

Michal

I used to use the Tokina 12-24 with a Subal 6" dome port if that's any help. I always used a +4 dioptre as recommended by Subal. As for corner sharpness depending on the subject and background it was sometimes an issue at the 12mm end of the zoom but overall I was happy with the results. All the shots taken by me on the this page(my wife Mary was using an Oly 5050, so disregard her shots) were taken using the 12-24 behind the 6" dome:

12-24 Examples - Cocos (Keeling) 06

Edited by Gudge

I used to use the Tokina 12-24 with a Subal 6" dome port if that's any help. I always used a +4 dioptre as recommended by Subal. As for corner sharpness depending on the subject and background it was sometimes an issue at the 12mm end of the zoom but overall I was happy with the results. All the shots taken by me on the this page(my wife Mary was using an Oly 5050, so disregard her shots) were taken using the 12-24 behind the 6" dome:

12-24 Examples - Cocos (Keeling) 06

My reality can be a bit different caused by slightly different lens position inside of Ikelite dome. It seems I will have to really make my own try&fail experiment procedure.

But thanks anyway for reply and BTW - great photos, I am jealous.

Michal

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements