Hi Folks!

I have an Inon Z-240, but I only got this damn Japanese manual and a quick manual in German. Does anyone have the English advanced manual and could "let me have a look at it"?

Cheers, Wolfgang

Your retailer should be able to provide a manual for the country you bought it in. INON has an agreement with its retailers that they only provide the user's manual for the languages in the country that the strobe was purchased. This is to limit the number of people who try to order from other countries to get around pricing strategies.

Mike

I have the English version on software (jpegs). PM your email address and I'll send it over as a zip file.

I have an English version in hard copy but my brain hurts if I try to read it!

Agreed John, its probably even worse than a VR3 manual ;)

I have an English version in hard copy but my brain hurts if I try to read it!

I just bought mine from Yuzo at uwdigitalcamera in Japan. It was shipped to the middle east for me. Upon arrival I noted that the box clearly said 'Japanese instructions only' on the side.

I must thank Yuzo as he kindly printed off an English version and put it in the box for me without me even asking.

Now thats good service. ;)

Edited by PIG004

i agree - same for mine even though it may as well be written in japanese............

freindly, efficient service what more could you ask for? And putting the manual in was going the extra mile in my opinion.

Regards,

Alastair

Hi Folks!

Thanks for your help, I found what I need (Thanks Tim!). This forum is a pleasure!

To adress some of the comments: I got a German manual from my dealer in Austria, but this only covers the very basics of the strobe (only S-TTL via the optical cable). I am moving on from the A620 to a D200, so I wanted to know more about the sync cable options of the Inon Z-240. I know that local dealers have to provide the manuals in the local language, but what can I do if they only provide the basics?

Regards, Wolfgang

Hello!

I'm new here... and I'm from Spain. then, my english is very, very bad.

I have new INON z-240 type 3 but my owner manual is in Japan language.

Could you send me english version?

Thank you!!!

Hello argvivel. I have the English version of the Z-240 type II manual. It will be the same as the type III manual but will tell you you must use only Sanyo Eneloop batteries. IMO (and the opinion of an INON importer and distributor) just use any good quality AA (alkaline, NiCd or NiMh)...

You need to PM me your email address and I'll send you a couple of zip files containing a set of jpegs.

HTH, Tim

Hello argvivel. I have the English version of the Z-240 type II manual. It will be the same as the type III manual but will tell you you must use only Sanyo Eneloop batteries. IMO (and the opinion of an INON importer and distributor) just use any good quality AA (alkaline, NiCd or NiMh)...

You need to PM me your email address and I'll send you a couple of zip files containing a set of jpegs.

HTH, Tim

Hi!

Regarding the batteries, here what I heard: Inon recommends Eneloop batteries for type III, but any other battery will do. As long as the capacity is not too high. They warn that high capacity MiMH can cause excessive heat which can destroy the flash. Myself I use NiMH up to 2300mAh without any problem so far (about 50 dives with the flash), but I dive in Norway where the water is never warmer than 20 degrees Celsius. How this translates to warmer waters I do not know. But I never ran out of power not even with 2 dives in a row with the 2300mAh, and in cold water the battery capacity goes down, unfortunately. Eneloop have 2000mAh, and I suspect that this quality product from Sanyo delivers just as much as the 2300mAh from no-name producers as I use them now.

I will buy two sets (2 x 4 AA) Eneloop in the near future. You can charge them with any charger you use for NiMH, so no additional cost there (if you already have one). I can post my experiences when tested, but as I said I do not expect much difference.

Cheers, Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang.

I think you have made an interesting point about high power NiMh batteries over heating, however...

The INON distributor told me that since the arrival of their first type III, which became their demonstration model, they have powered it with ANY available AA batteries and it has been used in demontrations more out of the water than in the water. This demo type III continues to function perfectly.

As you already use 2300 mAh NiMh batteries, do you notice if they heat up when used in your type IIIs, i.e. are they significantly warm to the touch when removed from the type III immediately after use? Maybe over heating could be a product of continual operation of the LED modelling lamp though I suspect that most of us don't use them at all or only very briefly to confirm strobe placement.

I don't see any particular need to use 'very' high power NiMh batteries (which may be the cause of the potential problem you report) as I can easily get two or three 1.5 hour dives out of one set of 2400 mAh AAs...

I'm still using type II's though Yuzo will be getting my order for three type IIIs soon :)

Edited by Timmoranuk

As you already use 2300 mAh NiMh batteries, do you notice if they heat up when used in your type IIIs, i.e. are they significantly warm to the touch when removed from the type III immediately after use? Maybe over heating could be a product of continual operation of the LED modelling lamp though I suspect that most of us don't use them at all or only very briefly to confirm strobe placement.

I have the type II, not the type III.

I'm still using type II's though Yuzo will be getting my order for three type IIIs soon :)

If you sell the type II's, let me know. I am after one to upgrade to two strobes.

Cheers, Wolfgang

If you sell the type II's, let me know. I am after one to upgrade to two strobes.

Sorry Wolfgang. My 11 year old son wants to upgrade his YS-25's...

I'm also in need of the English manual for the Z240. Now that Inon America's site is gone, does anyone have the manual they will share? Preferably as a pdf?

Sponsors

Advertisements