Sign in to follow this  
Damo

NEF Files- Adobe Photoshop elements 6.0

Hi folks,

A quick question for you.

Is Abobe Photshop Elements capable of handling NEF (Nikon Raw) files??

I have had a quick search on the web- its seems to-with a bit of tweaking- but I just want to put it to the forum to get a definitive answer.

Here's hoping

Best

Damo

Hi folks,

A quick question for you.

Is Abobe Photshop Elements capable of handling NEF (Nikon Raw) files??

I have had a quick search on the web- its seems to-with a bit of tweaking- but I just want to put it to the forum to get a definitive answer.

Here's hoping

Best

Damo

As I understand it the RAW converter is a plug-in to the full version of CS,CS2,CS3. There may of course be a simple version available to Elements but it will probably be like the travesty packed with Nikon cameras!

As I understand it the RAW converter is a plug-in to the full version of CS,CS2,CS3. There may of course be a simple version available to Elements but it will probably be like the travesty packed with Nikon cameras!

I've just installed elements 6.0 on my Mac to test it for you and it seems to have the RAW converter, BUT I do have the CS3 installed already so it could be picking the converter up from there.

I will try installing it on another computer later thats doesn't have CS3 and let you know how I get on.

Saeed

Edited by saeedrashid

Yep, it does. I'm using PSE6.0 and have processed NEFs from the D200 and D300 no problems.

Yep, it does. I'm using PSE6.0 and have processed NEFs from the D200 and D300 no problems.

yep just tried on another mac in the office and works with my .CR2 files.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements