Sign in to follow this  
seagrant

Camera Carry Strap

I know there have been a couple of threads about carrying u/w rigs but I hadn't had a chance to photo mine and post till now. Ryan from ReefPhoto made it for me and even Alex and Eric have admired how well it works - especially for slinging over your shoulder to and from entries. 200+ entries/exits/hand-offs and still going strong and secure and it doesn't slip off my shoulder like some did.

Thanks Ryan!! Kind Regards, Carol

All the full data is posted here

It is a simple carry-strap with a little stretch (made by Ryan from ReefPhoto) - works fantastic:

Miss_Bess_camera_2_of_3.jpg

How I attach it to my rig:

Miss_Bess_camera_100_of_1.jpg

Edited by seagrant

The strap looks excellent, thanks for showing us.

But more importantly...what's with the crocodile head. It seems to be on a flexible mount arm, but I can't work out where it is attached to your rig or why. Don't disillusion me and tell me that it is simply a background desk lamp, and not actually part of the rig - that would be devastating.

Cheers

Hal

The strap looks excellent, thanks for showing us.

But more importantly...what's with the crocodile head. It seems to be on a flexible mount arm, but I can't work out where it is attached to your rig or why. Don't disillusion me and tell me that it is simply a background desk lamp, and not actually part of the rig - that would be devastating.

Cheers

Hal

:D:lol::D

Hey remember I'm in Florida - that's a gator, well I guess it could be a croc but gators are what we see so much around where I live!! ;)

Got to have a gator lamp if you live in Florida - but honestly it was probably made for those Univ of FL advocates....!

Glad you liked it - it is the first lamp I bought when I moved to Florida from California in 1986 - I felt like a real Floridian. Now it is my dive camera desk light.

Carol ;)

Check out the Sea&Sea housing lanyard which clips to thoe sea & sea handles. Very siilar to the setup you show.

http://www.divervision.com/catalog/product...products_id=254

Ahhh, not similar at all though, that Sea and Sea is quite different (but probably works well for some divers).

See the one Ryan made for me - the reason it works so well for what I do and how I dive is the one Ryan made stretches just a slight bit and stays put on my shoulder when climbing up or down or otherwise trekking to and from dive sites. The ones with plastic tend to slip off my shoulder and that's not a good thing with rigs.

Plus I can dive with the one I have slung over my shoulder for long swims underwater.

For me it is the best one - but for others it might not be....... :lol:

It is just a bit different so I thought I'd chime in about this carry strap as it works best for me and how I dive........

Cheers, Carol

this is a great topic. I accidentally found the ideal solution for myself and I will be using it every chance I get.

I carry a Tenba ProDigital backpack. The backpack comes with a carrying strap which is useless on the backpack. Yah but.... when clipped to strobe arms, it's perfect. It has a semisoft handle in the middle that is quite useful for deckhands to lift the camera out of your hands, and it functions as a nonslip shoulder pad when slinging it over the shoulder. The clips are industrial and very easy to clip on and off even underwater.

I'm on business travel now. when I get back, I'll publish some pics and contact the vendor to see if they can sell the strap as a stand-alone accessory.

this is a must have!

Edited by wchen

i just get my wife to carry mine. ok its a lot more expensive, but your carry strap cant get you cold beers. :lol:

i hope she doesnt read this..... :D

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements