Sign in to follow this  
jcclink

D70 "CHA" & "FOR" Errors

Starting to get random CHA & FOR errors. Sometimes turning camera on & off helps, but most of time not. Reinstalling CF card works for 1-2 dives then same problem. Tried different card - same problems. Tried different camera body - same problems. Reformated cards on PC then again in camera, reset File # Seq - same problems. Bad cards or camera writing problem? Any suggestions welcomed.

P.S. I guess a new D300 system will resolve the issue :lol:

Well, I'm not sure how much I can help but there may be some info in the following posts on Nikonians.org. Good luck (or just get the D300) :lol:

CHA Error and corrupt files on card

F-- and CHA problemes with my D70

CHA on Lexar Card

Losing the memory card

What does CHA mean?

Starting to get random CHA & FOR errors. Sometimes turning camera on & off helps, but most of time not. Reinstalling CF card works for 1-2 dives then same problem. Tried different card - same problems. Tried different camera body - same problems. Reformated cards on PC then again in camera, reset File # Seq - same problems. Bad cards or camera writing problem? Any suggestions welcomed.

P.S. I guess a new D300 system will resolve the issue :D

yea i get that every now and again too.. popping out the card or the battery seems to work.

or a D300 :lol:

Whilst a reset or 'on and off' can fix the CHA error now, don't expect this to last - eventually your camera will not be able to reset no matter what you do - except send back to Nikon.

This is a common problem but not recognised as such by Nikon. I have a D70 that has suffered this slow death and it's now consigned to it's box never to be used again.

Sounds to me like yet another loose connector issue with the D70. I believe the Blinking Green Light of Death was also a loose connector. I had this twice and Nikon fixed it twice for free. The procedure shown in one of the links provided seems simple enough to try.

Yes - looks like all I need is a small screw driver & a bit of luck. Since my bodies are out of warranty (2004 vintage) its worth a try.

Well, rereading this thread has taught me two things:

1. to read the posts properly and click on the links posted.

2. Reading threads after a jolly nice bottle of red makes 1. somewhat difficult!

So, I read the links and performed open heart surgery on my D70 and Voila! the camera is up and running.

Lovely.

Oh, and there is a thing I learnt - never say never.

Cheers,

Tim

Edited by timing

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements