I didn’t manage to get a lot of use out of my Atomic mask before it started to seriously leak. I noticed the silicon skirt had come away from the plastic molding and their are actually little holes in the silicon

Has anyone else had this happen to theirs?

post-5023-1212306984_thumb.jpg

I have two - clear and black - and had no problems. They've been the best masks I've ever owned.

Actually, I did have one small problem: I had to replace one last week. My scooter got tangled up in my flippers as I stepped from the boat, and the mask got ripped off my face, to be lost in the depths off of Point Pinos. Embarasing.

All the best, James

I didn’t manage to get a lot of use out of my Atomic mask before it started to seriously leak. I noticed the silicon skirt had come away from the plastic molding and their are actually little holes in the silicon

Has anyone else had this happen to theirs?

Graham,

Atomic sub frame with ARC lenses......

Yes, catastrophic failure at depth, skirt pulled away from the frame. Atomic Aquatics claim it's a really small percentage (as expected) and they have made changes to the design. I felt it should have been a recall because although I have many years of diving under my belt it was a real heart stopper when it happened. In the hands of someone with less experience I shudder to think.

I must admit it was changed without question but it still begs the question should it be a recall. I haven't seen the new one yet and I'm not sure if anything distinguishes it from the old design. If you are buying one I'm not sure how you will know if it's old stock or the re-designed model!

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/fins-mask...ame-here-3.html

All that said I still have great respect for Atomic products and their after sales service.

regards....Brian

Edited by brianmered

Have had half a dozen or so - never been a problem other than I keep breaking or loosing them!

Paul C

HI,

I have one of these masks the only problem I have had was cleaning the lens

to stop it fogging up. But now its fine.

Andy

Brian,

Sounds like I got a bad one like you, I was happy with it till the skirt came away! I'd been through ltos of masks as my face seems to have changed all of sudden, prior to this I'd used the same mask for about 8-9 years!

Can you possibly give me a contact at atomic somewhere? There's no dealer at all here and this was a brought over from a friend!

Thanks

Edited by Graham Abbott

I've got 2 and they both tend to leak ever so slightly. What I've noticed is that I always seem to have a stream of bubbles coming out from the top. I tend to be a nose exhaler to some degree. I guess its an issue with the very thin skirt and the shape of my face. While it was annoying at first I've grown so accustomed to it that I don't even think about it. I just routinely clear my mask almost as a habit.

Dave

Dave,

Check the skirt and see if has come away from the moulding. That's what happened to mine! There has been a problem with moulding the skirt to the frame, as there are a few obvious holes in mine! I'd like a contact from Atomic to email and ask about this! Anyone know anyone there?

Sponsors

Advertisements