yahsemtough

Bonaire images

Ok, I have finally gotten to a couple of images from the Bonaire trip. Still many to go through. I tried to shoot so that I would need minimal PS adjustment and no cropping. I accomplished it more times than not happily. Some though, I had no choice but to crop. ; (

97635724.jpg

You can see the images at http://www.pbase.com/yahsemtough/bonaire_2008

We had a outstanding time.

I am pretty happy with the images but have many, many more I still would like to get from Bonaire. And, many images I screwed up and missed. The trip was as good as it was because of the hospitality of bpzdiver and the opportunity to dive with friends again and meet a few new ones.

Cheers

Todd

Wow Todd - I love the azure vase sponge w/ blenny/triplefin. Superb.

Cheers

James

What kills me on that shot is seeing the shrimp on the fold below him. I wish I would have noticed that when I was shooting. Another opportunity missed.

Thanks

Todd

don't be so hard on yourself Todd. Looks like a constructive trip to me! glad to hear you had a good time

Yeah, I am happy with images I got but disappointed as I had some ideas before I went and opportunity did not present itself to work at them. But I still buggered a few chances up too. :lol:

Thanks

Yeah, I am happy with images I got but disappointed as I had some ideas before I went and opportunity did not present itself to work at them. But I still buggered a few chances up too. :lol:

Thanks

Todd - some great images, thanks!

I work on the principle that if I want to show people 5 images from a trip then I have a result - everything else is just learning!!!

Out of interest, Bonnaire - am I right in thinking it's mainly shore diving and pretty flexible with regards to not having dive guides? I'm keen to get out there next year but am finding many places visited on holiday do not cater to the needs of a photographer who want to stay in a small area for a long time...

Then, Bonaire is your place.

I did one boat dive with a group of people there that we knew otherwise I did all shore diving. You go and get in and out when and where you wish. You can dive the same site all day if you want. The other nice thing is being able to pick a site where there is no one else on it. The whole dive to yourself.

Most all sites are marked by yellow painted rocks with the site names on them and there is a great shore diving book by Susan Porter that describes each site and the entry.

We love it there for those reasons.

If you need any other help or suggestions on Bonaire let me know. I can gladly give you my 2 cents. ^_^

Thank you on the images too. :o

I agree, if I can get one keeper a day I am happy and, if I can get one image I think has even more potential then I am really happy. :lol:

Cheers

Todd

Superb, thanks for the info Todd... That's another trip sorted for next year then! :)

Nice stuff Todd. I really like the very first shot. Any sites in particular that you thought were more productive. I may be going back in december.

Bari Reef had a little bit of everything so that one was good. I liked sites further south for WA. Windsock was not too bad either for macro. As for the Hilma Hooker, I never dove it because it always had 8 trucks on it and a dive boat. Not worth it in my mind. The other wreck that Carol dove looks good though, the Confidence.

I added a couple of chamber shots. We had a friend that had to spend a day in the chamber unfortunately. It was a very informative time and we all learned quite a bit. Hopefully never needing to know.

Sponsors

Advertisements