Sign in to follow this  
GrtDay

Ikelite TTL Slave on Ultra-Light Arms?

Oh Sages of the Sea....I'm trying to attach my Ikelite TTL slave to my Ultra-light arms. All the I can think of is duct tape and zip ties.

The TTL sensor has the attachment for the Ikelite "Big tube" arms but the Ultra-lights are completely different.

The TTL WORKS and I'm tired of shooting manual.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Please respond directly to GrtDay@msn.com

Thanks1

See the #4074.2 meter mount at bottom of the following URL: http://www.ikelite.com/web_pages/meter_mts.html

The part that goes under the wing nut can probably be bolted to your ULC arms. This #0469.76 part is a $15 item that can be ordered separately.

The hard rubber mount included with your sensor can be softened in hot or boiling water and forced over the 1" diameter ball of your ULC arms so you may not need the above part.............

ike

The easiest solution is to replace one of the dual clamps with a triple clamp (AC-TCS ) and the sensor adaptor (AD-TTL) from ULCS.

However, I did find with this combination that if I moved the strobe radically it would throw the sensor out of whack and I'd have to reposition the sensor again. I have long since replaced this with a DIY adaptor. I'm not sure what handles (if any) you've got but I made an adaptor with a bicycle clamp and 19mm plastic tube that fits on my ULCS handle. This way the aim of the sensor remains fixed.

Reyer - Do have a picture of the modification to attache the sensor? I would appreciate it if you can show me how it was done. thanks in advance :)

Please note the ULCS recommends two different adapters, one for the DS50 and another for the DS125.

I have not seen any difference between the two, but I keep selling them so fast I never have both in at the same time to do a side by side comparison...

Which model Ikelite strobe do you have?

Please note the ULCS recommends two different adapters, one for the DS50 and another for the DS125

marscuba, I think Turbonium is talking about mounting the TTL slave sensor not the strobe.

Do have a picture of the modification to attache the sensor

I'll try and get one asap. It's not flash but does the job. I'm trying to find someone locally (hobbyist) who would do one for me in aluminium... no luck yet.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements