seeesharky

The sliding $US and the price of Oil

Hydrogen is not free energy - it takes energy to make it - and a lot of it. It is merely a good way to make portable energy.

Gasoline is also an excellent portable energy source with a lot of BTU/CC - and it already exists. You have to make hydrogen.

Cheers

James

So what it takes less energy/cost doing this?

1. Spending millions searching for a hole.

2. Dig the hole.

3. It's pumped or truck to a port and loaded on a ship.

4. The ship takes it to the other side of the planet.

5. It's unloaded and put through a refinery.

6. It's trucked to the service stations.

7. Then there is the cost in releasing pollutants to the planet?

Come on do you really think the energy and price cost in releasing hydrogen from water is more than all the above?

There are already a few small potable water powered fuel cells popping up.

Gasoline is not very efficient for ruining a engine ,about 23% of it's energy is used. It burns so slow you have to ignite it before the piston gets to TDC.

With Hydrogen it can be fired at TDC and you get twice the mpg with it.

OIL is an old boys club....to stuck up itself to see any change.

I know you work in that industry James.... but lest see what happens in the next decade hey.

I once heard an interesting quote:

The amount of energy that hits the earth in 1 hour from the sun would run the whole plants energy needs for 1 year.

Hydrogen is not a fuel...

Hydrogen is not a fuel? :)

Last I heard it's an element? And the most abundant one in the known universe? I can't wait for fusion power to come through. Then at least as the sea rises we just use up the extra water and also release more oxygen. :) :)

You guys are worrying about the cost of oil!! With the doller gaining nearly 40cents on the pound in the last few weeks, where are the Brits going to go for cheap camera gear/holidays now. :)

Im waiting for it to get soooo bad we end up like MAD MAX 2.... I've bought a bullet belt, high heels, leather chaps and a gimp mask.. And accessorized with a sawn off shot guns and a Bowie knife... Im the LORD OF THE WASTELANDS !!!!!!!

Enough about your personal fetishes, what about the Mad Max scenario :)

Sponsors

Advertisements