m.eppoliti

Homemade housing carry handle

I made this carry handle for my housing. Gives the crew an easy and safe place to grab the housing and keeps the strobes from flopping all over the place. I can make one for anyone who is interested.

post-4809-1212924526_thumb.jpg

Nice job

I use more easily bought stuff like a garden hose and nylon rope which can be bought pretty much any place. The bright contrast color allows the boat guys to zoom in on the carrying handle instead of grabbing the arms.

I just tie a simple knot then use a lighter to seal the knot.

_D2N5560.JPG

I am starting to see a disadvantage to having the Ikelite housing with only a single strobe. No handle to tie anything on to, and only one utralite arm. Assuming I ever get a second strobe, is it really secure to tie a bridge between the two arms? Someone said the handles are big enough to hand up and down with. I suppose that will have to do, though the thought of 'quick release" strobes make little sense to me. I don't want them coming off because a button was pressed :D

David, don't worry, the "quick release" handles will not come off because you press a button. In fact, there isn't anything particularily "quick" about getting the strobe arms off, its a two hand operation, requiring you to hold in in the "button" (which is actually a bar that goes thru the stobe arm) and pulling the strobe arm up and out from the handle. So don't worry about it. Having removable strobes is still nice beacuse sometimes you might want to lay them further away behind a macro subject to backlight them, or you might want to switch the sides of your strobes etc

Do you take the handle off when you dive or does it stay on your rig while you're using it?

Thanks!

Do you take the handle off when you dive or does it stay on your rig while you're using it?

Thanks!

I leave mine on.

Sponsors

Advertisements