Sign in to follow this  
serge

Aperture and Picture Styles of Camera

Hello all,

i finally have my new MBP and Aperture 2 running on it. I feel very exited as this is a big step from my old and slow G3 iBook where i only could run the canon "DPP" software. Speed, foldersystem, tools ... everything is sooo nice in aperture.

BUT:

I am very unhappy with the imported images ... all the settings in the "picture style" of the camera disappear, after i imported the RAW files. So i don't get the blues i get on the LCD. And if i set the camera on black and white, aperture will import color RAWs.

This is really annoying in WA-Photography, because i have to do a lot of setting, to come back to the image of the camera. Is there not a way to import the image "like preset on the camera"? "DPP" can do it and Breeze Browser can do it as well ... why not aperture?

Anyone has the same problem or a solution?

Serge

RAW means raw in Aperture. No adjustments. Your picture styles, B& W setting, color space, etc are meaningless. Simply find settings in Aperture that match what your camera does, if possible, then apply to all images.

I forgot to mention, Aperture does remember one of the camera settings. If you have manually set the white balance, Aperture does take that into account.

If you do all this in camera; you may want to save as RAW and JPEG, then your JPEG's should be the same as in camera when you import into Aoerture.

If you do all this in camera; you may want to save as RAW and JPEG, then your JPEG's should be the same as in camera when you import into Aoerture.

Or you could alternatively process them first in DPP and output them to an image file like a JPEG or TIFF prior to import in Aperture.

The only difference between this and shooting JPEG + RAW is that you can change your mind as to how you want that JPEG to look ... you CAN get exactly what you would have gotten from the in-camera JPEG, but you can also make slight tweaks to that using the exact settings available on your camera and then some, just after the fact.

thanks guys.

the problem is, that when i shoot in jpg, that i cannot whitebalance anymore. it is a pity, that aperture cannot take over the picture styles, like the breeze browser can do.

so i have to make presets for aperture and then adjust the pictures back to how they came out of the box :D i just thought, that maybe i missed something

serge

the problem is, that when i shoot in jpg, that i cannot whitebalance anymore. it is a pity, that aperture cannot take over the picture styles, like the breeze browser can do.

serge

Sorry to sound stupid, but why can't you white balance a JPEG?

Are you concerned with image degradation? One would think it would be minimal if you your pictures are already pretty close out of the camera.

Edited by loftus

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements