yahsemtough

Smithsonian Exhibit-Ocean Views Competition

Sorry for the self promotion but I am very excited about this news.

I have been waiting for the exhibit to open and some sort of shot to prove I made the exhibit.

I entered the Nature's Best Magazine/Smithsonian Ocean Views Competition back in September and found out last month that my Clownfish image was selected as the Grand Prize winner and is exhibited at 4 foot by 6 foot. I also found out that one of my Reef shark images was also selected for the exhibit and is also displayed at 4 foot by 6 foot.

I am pumped about the prize as it is a Lindblad expedition. I do not know the dates or itinerary yet but the ones I see on their website are awesome. I'll let you know when I find out more.

Here is the only link I have right now but the image in the foreground on it's own wall is my Clownfish shot.

http://www.naturesbestmagazine.com/index.p...subnav=exhibits

If anyone is going to be through Washington DC it is on exhibit in the National Natural History Museum of the Smithsonian till November. Take a few photos for me please.

I am still trying to find time to go.

Cheers

Todd

Wow. Thats really impressive. I'm jealous. The Lindblad expeditions look awesome, but I think they are land only (no diving). Hopefully you can tack on some diving on the side. I seem to remember that there was a choice of destinations: Galapagos or Ireland. If I was going to the Galpagos, they would have to chain me up to prevent me from finding a way to hit the water.

Edited by drsteve

I'm hoping because it is a Ocean competition that the trip may have some diving. Either way I am sure I will enjoy the trip. Cheers

outstanding Todd!! Huge congratulations to you

Thank Mike

They said that there should be something out in the Nature's Best Magazine summer edition and then a issue devoted to the competition to follow. The summer edition is supposed to be out anytime. I'm watching for it.

Sorry for the self promotion but I am very excited about this news.

p?nav=features&subnav=exhibits]http://www.naturesbestmagazine.com/index.p...subnav=exhibits[/url]

If anyone is going to be through Washington DC it is on exhibit in the National Natural History Museum of the Smithsonian till November. Take a few photos for me please.

I am still trying to find time to go.

Cheers

Todd

That is great, congratulations and I hope you make it down to see it. I try to get down to the DC area a few times a year to visit family and the Smithsonian is tremendous, so I will keep this in mind if I do get down there. Congratulations again, very cool.

Wow, that's fabulous. Congratulations, Todd!

Let us know what the expedition turns out to be.

Linda

Fantastic feather in your cap Todd. Congratulations. Nice that they get to blow them up that big for the exhibition.

Thank you very much everyone. It would be neat to see one of my images that large.

Cheers

Todd

Gongratulations. You have some fantastic images! I'm very jealous, because my images hasn't rendered anything so far in this years competitions.

cheers

Todd,

This is very exciting and congrats!!!! :P

I'm sure there is going to be some member headed that way to take pics for you..... :P

Best, Carol

Well, it pays to make friends with other Wetpixel folks.

MikeO lives in DC and stopped at the exhibit and kindly took images for me. I have them posted at

http://www.pbase.com/yahsemtough/smithsoni...oceanviews_2008

I did not know the banners would contain my Reef shark image. Cool!

Cheers and thank you very much Mike!

Todd

Almost looks like a one man show; great stuff. :P

Congratulations, Todd, that is a great effort and an accolade to your images.

(Note: you may want to acknowledge Mike's photographs on your site as he took them. :P )

Congratulations, Todd, that is a great effort and an accolade to your images.

(Note: you may want to acknowledge Mike's photographs on your site as he took them. :P )

Right at the start in print I have the first sentence noting they are copywrited to him and then thank him. I thought that was pretty good. :P If you mean right across the photos, I don't think they are at risk for use in competition etc. They are great none the less.

Cheers

Todd

Sorry, Todd. I missed that on the first page.

My comment wasn't about him wanting to use them for a competition or anything, but more about the general footer on your site (and even in your signature, here) that says you own the copyright for all photographs posted. I guess I'm pretty passionate about protecting/acknowledging copyright. :P

No problem at all.

I hear you on protecting copyright. I have had to enforce it once.

I don't think my general header over all my galleries requires crediting him as that would confuse people to think all the gallery images may also be his. The same kind of thing kind of like speed limits (the speed is 50 km's unless otherwise noted)...as copyright to me unless otherwise noted.

Anyway, I think it is clear they are his images not mine and are not to be reproduced for any purpose.

Your points are all good comments none the less.

Cheers

Todd

Great images Todd, Congratulations! "Currently on display at the Smithsonian" is an extremely cool photo tag. Do you know how they printed the images? By the way, you have to get down there and get some photos of you with your images. Great stuff!

Steve

Edited by Steve Williams

OUTSTANDING!

Thanks for posting that link.

What an amazing collection of shots. I am truly fortunate to have been selected as any one of those shots could easily have won. And congrats to all the other Wetpixel names I noticed in the images too.

Cheers

Todd

Hi Todd,

I'll be in DC in August. I'll be sure to stop and take a look at the SI.

Best,

Timbo

Cool!

Tim, I'll be through Guam on the way to Yap in September.

Cheers

Todd

Sponsors

Advertisements