Karl

Hi from Western Australia

Hi my name is Karl and I am from Rockingham in Western Australia. I first joined this site back in 2007 when I started my journey for a new digital camera and I have finnaly bought one - it is a Sea & Sea DX-1G with YS 27 strobe. It is a great set up and I absolutely love it. All I have to do now is learn how to get the best out of it.

Once I do that I will try and post up some pictures - that will be the next challenge :P

I have been diving on and off for over 23 years but I have only just got into underwater photography in the last year or so. Most of my diving has been in North Queensland - the Great Barrier Reef, Ospray Reef, Pelorus Island and Magnetic Island, and here in Western Australia around Rockingham, Fremantle and the Busselton Jetty. At the moment I don't have a boat so most of my diving is shore based and therefore the vis is not always the best.

I hope to be able to contribute to many on going discussions in the future.

Karl

Hi Karl,

You have lots of great shore diving there so there is now no excuse to go and get some fantastic images. There are great subjects all round the jetty's of WA and there are also lots of ver unique animals on that coastline too!

I've spent about a year all up in WA and loved every minute, underwater it's simply magnificient. I think the further south you go the better it gets, well certainly more unique in marine life for sure!

Go get em!

Hey Karl....I used to live in WA and am planning to visit my parents in Perth early Oct. I live in Churchlands. I am hoping to do a couple of days of diving there and will be taking my gear with me. Any tips/advice? I will be taking both my photo and dive gear. Would love to dive with someone who knows the area. I also have a DX-1G but moved on to DSLR use recently.

G'day Karl,

Osprey Reef is one of my favourite places. :P Did you go with Undersea or Mike Ball?

G'day from up north, I escaped up here from Rockingham about 4 1/2 years ago.

I think the further south you go the better it gets
It gets a lot better as you go north as well! Edited by Gudge

We do have some pretty good stuff down south! Still gotta compare it to the north yet. Only been as far as the Abrolhos, which was quite good. We are quite lucky that we live in a great area of the world where there is so many great places to visit!

Welcome Karl !

I am pretty new to this site. I live in Central USA (Kansas: I see Toto from time to time) and any ocean is a long way away so I only get to visit it 1-2 times/yr. Congrats on having the ocean so close and for having found a camera setup you like.

And by the way, Kansas is the Original land of OZ, despite what you may have heard!

Having constant big-time envy here, seeing all the great locations where people live/visit from this site. And now I get to add you to the list.

And by the way, Kansas is the Original land of OZ, despite what you may have heard!

Surely, Kansas is the last place that could have been the Land of Oz. Didn't Dorothy initially say "Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more." and then when the Good Witch arrives says: "Now I... I know we're not in Kansas!" :P

Surely, Kansas is the last place that could have been the Land of Oz. Didn't Dorothy initially say "Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more." and then when the Good Witch arrives says: "Now I... I know we're not in Kansas!" :D

WELL ATJ, You have got me there!

I married the good witch and keep the bad witch crushed under the house.

BUT you can buy a nice T-shirt here in various places with a fun note on it.

"Dear Dorthy,

Hated OZ,

took the shoes,

find your own way home" Signed, Toto

Sponsors

Advertisements