Sign in to follow this  
scubamarli

Printing photos onto canvas

Hi all,

Well with life taking some twists and turns, I have spent more time redecorating and renovating my place than diving lately. (Soon to be fixed in Indo). I have an abstract image that I am really wishing to blow up as huge as possible onto canvas, then stretch and frame, which I have the technology and savvy to do. First, will it look really snotty from a D200? (I'm thinking 3 x 4 feet or so). Secondly, does anyone know a lab or supplier that can do this and will ship to Canuckistan?? I've seen ads for MPix and such , but has anyone actually done it and been pleased with the results? It's pricey, so I'd rather not be disappointed with the results.

If anyone knows of a Canadian based printer, that would be even better, as I'm rather tired of the inspection "system" in place at the border.

Cheers,

Marli

I took advantage of a special offer and had a few 20" x 30" and one 30" x 40" canvasses done by Snapfish here in Australia last year and was very happy with the result. Images were from my 20D and my wife's 400D. The 30" x 40" was actually from a cropped image from the 400D and it turned out very nice. I'm guessing Snapfish in the US will ship to Canada:

Snapfish

ScubaMarli,

If this is going to be in Indo, Adam Powell http://adamaqua.com/ has done a lot of this here in Indonesia and had quite a few shows here too!

If you check his website, you can also see what he's done on canvas too! There's some really cool stuff in there!

Send Adam an email, I'm sure he'll be happy to send you in the right direction to have these printed here in Bali, Indo!

Edited by Graham Abbott

I use one in Calgary. I have done it in 3x4 foot and the results were excellent. They will set you up with an account to ftp and send you a pricing grid.

email me and I can send you some contacts

Cheers

Todd

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements