Sign in to follow this  
nekton

Which is the correct Aquatica extension ring for Tokina 11-16mm with 9.25" dome?

Hey Aquatica folk -

While my depth-enhanced D300 housing is on the way, I have ordered the Tokina 11-16mm because of favorable reviews and for the fact that perhaps I don't always want to use my Tokina 10-17mm fisheye for wide-angle shots. Sharks shots at moderate distance come to mind. Problem is, that lens is not on their extension chart for their DX cameras.

Does anyone else use the Tokina 11-16mm in an Aquatica housing? Yes, I could wait and call them tomorrow, but I assume that if it is not on their web site, they haven't tested this lens with their dome ports yet.

Thanks in advance

Malpelo Trip 23 July- 03 August 2008 Still Room for one diver!

Current manifest has 4 closed circuit divers, plus one open circuit diver still looking for a buddy cuz the open circuit divers have to buy the beer B)

Edited by nekton

Better to call Jean or Norma and they will help you, as it is a new lens , they may have to custom make a focus ring for you, they will also advise as to the best extension ring

I will be interested to see how you like the mega dome. I was thinking about it but opted to go smaller with their 6" dome for my 10-17. It weighs much less and increased my packing room in my thinktank international to the point that all of my gear now fits in the single bag.

Somewhere around 45mm.

Based on comparing the length of the tokina 11-16mm to the nikon 20mm (89mm -43.2mm)

Take Care,

ChrisS

Spoke to Jean and indeed he has not been in possession of a Tokina 11-16mm to do the measurements on his optical bench. However, he said that one customer had used the same extension ring as they used for the Tokina 12-24mm lens, with good results. That would be the #18453, 41mm. So sounds like you are right on the money, Chris, with your estimate. The extension ring that is closest to 45mm is the Aquatica 41mm.

Thanks!

- Kent

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements