Sign in to follow this  
silo

Looking to buy a video camera. NEED HELP

Hi guys,

I'm interested in purchasing a video camera, and my budge is around 8k, 9k for the video camera alone.... not including the housing, lights...

High definition is definetly the way to go right? And could someone recommend a few good cameras round that price range that produce amazing results?

I hear the sony PMW-EX1 is a beast of a video camera.... does anyone have any experience with this camera, or know of any other good cameras i could check out?

Any inputs are welcomed.

Hi guys,

I'm interested in purchasing a video camera, and my budge is around 8k, 9k for the video camera alone.... not including the housing, lights...

High definition is definetly the way to go right? And could someone recommend a few good cameras round that price range that produce amazing results?

I hear the sony PMW-EX1 is a beast of a video camera.... does anyone have any experience with this camera, or know of any other good cameras i could check out?

Any inputs are welcomed.

Hi

I think the Sony EX1 is an absolute gem.Just had a shoot with one now fantastic.The equivalent being the Panasonic HVX200.This is also a beast.Had the the privilidge of being one of its big brother's first testers in the world(DVCPRO P2)and that was fantastic.The Z7 with interchangeable lenses is also good but really aimed at pro's with broadcasting in mind.All these camera's are full broadcast camera's so it might be abit excessive if the only people that are gonna see your video's are friends and family but if you have the money to spend then RIGHT ON!!! :)

I own the HVX200 as well. One of the problems with the EX1 is that it's still dodgy as to whether or not some networks will accept it as 'broadcast quality'. Personally, I think it's a load of crap. I've shot stuff used on several network shows on a DVX100 in 24p mode.

I like the Pani because it's uncompressed, and not HDV. If I could have afforded the housing and everything else I wanted for it, I would have done that. Underwater stuff at this point is a hobby for me - so don't judge my rig. It's only for use in getting footage of my personal dives. Getting back to the camera.... I own two 32GB P2 cards, and being able to get an hour of uncompressed 1080i is amazing - especially without having to drop $100 on a tape. I've never - ever - had a card go bad on me, or have dropped frames, missed shots, etc.

Anyway, that's my $.02. I've used them both and really like the Panasonic for that money.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements