Sign in to follow this  
chelydra

Sea & Sea YS-250 problem?

I am not sure if this is a problem of my strobe.

I have observed that sometime if I shot in manual (or test mode) at full power (1/1) or in test mode, the red light on strobe is always on and it don't make the ready beep. In other words I ask you if this is a problem: is possible that the strobe when I shot at full power don't it recharge at maximum and the ready light don't flash and remain always on?

I ask You if someone have registred this "problem".

Thank for replies!!

Francesco

Hello Francesco. Does this happen all the time, or only when the battery is fully charged? My 250's recycle so quickly on a new charge, even when shooting at full power they are sometimes at a ready state immediately after taking a shot.

Also, some of the earliest YS250's had bad OPV's (over-pressure valves in the battery caps) so if you ever find that you have a bit of water in the battery compartment, check your OPV. S & S is replacing the battery caps (& flooded batteries) under warranty.

I have seen that it happen also if battery is not fully charged.

I have seen also (in land use) that there is no exposition difference between 3/4 power and full power. (difference there is between 1/2 power and 3/4).

For see it i have shot some photos to the same object with the same condition (camera and stobe on tripod).

F.

I have seen that it happen also if battery is not fully charged.

I have seen also (in land use) that there is no exposition difference between 3/4 power and full power. (difference there is between 1/2 power and 3/4).

For see it i have shot some photos to the same object with the same condition (camera and stobe on tripod).

F.

I have to call the Sea & Sea repair center today, and will ask them if your issue is a known problem and post their reply for you. Are you seeing any other issues with the strobe (erratic behavior) or is it just the ready light/tone that is the problem?

Thanks for your interesting. I wati for Sea & Sea reponse.

If possible try with yours Ys-250 to shot in manual mode at 3/4 and 1/1 power if there difference in exposition. You can do it also in slave mode with strobe on a desk using for example a compact camera with buint in flash.

I haven't see other issue. I use a D300 with YS-250 (with original sea and sea TTL converter for 250). In TTL mode works great. Yesterday I have gone with it at -58 meter and all worked fine.

My only doubt is if the strobe work at full power.

Thanks

F.

p.s.

Great shots in your site :)

I have to call the Sea & Sea repair center today, and will ask them if your issue is a known problem and post their reply for you. Are you seeing any other issues with the strobe (erratic behavior) or is it just the ready light/tone that is the problem?

Called today. No call back. I'll try them again tomorrow.

Can any of you guys confirm my fear. I heard there are some batch of sns YS-250 which are defective. Those strobes who are affected having an erratic and intermittent performance underwater. One of my strobe is showing aforementioned symptoms.

thanks in advance

I think you should contact S&S directly. Since you are in JKT, you may want to drop them off @ the dealer.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements