Sign in to follow this  
Scuba_SI

Spawning Hamlets discovered in Bali

So, much to my amazement some street artists are copying photos of Hamlets here in Bali, i looked through their portfolio and they have one of two Garabaldis face to face as well.

Anyone recognize this shot?!

post-4803-1215503222_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scuba_SI

Certainly do, believe I may have been in the water with Alex for a few of those shots. Interesting that they added shafts of light to the photo. My lens that struggles in low light, knows for a fact, this behavior is most often witnessed during dusk hours..

Aren't you back on that boat yet Simon??

Hehe, I wasn't really expecting anyone to say 'that's my shot!'

I somewhat taken aback by seeing a shot of a Caribbean species being copied out here... normally you expect to see whales and dolpins etc. I guess the artist must have picked up a diving magazine at somepoint and felt inspired!

Quinn - As for the me and that boat, it was just a temporary thing to help them out - i'll be posting a gallery when i get to a decent connection in Jakarta this weekend. Were you out on the boat with me?

I have pictures exactly like this. But I don't think that the particular shots have ever been published (I tend to submit images of the more colourful species). I'd imagine this was copied from a magazine, rather than online. But I have run so many hamlet spawning articles it is very hard to keep track of which images I sent in, on which occasion. But I don't actually think it is mine. The painting looks nice.

I guess the hermaphroditic nature of hamlets is rather apt for Bali if Drew's accounts of the gender of some of the "girls" you and Mike are photographed with, Simon, are to be believed. :lol:

Alex

[quote name='Scuba_SI' date='Jul 9 2008, 03:43 AM' post='176

Quinn - As for the me and that boat, it was just a temporary thing to help them out - i'll be posting a gallery when i get to a decent connection in Jakarta this weekend. Were you out on the boat with me?

Oh I thought it might lead to something long term. Yes Simon, I did have the pleasure of your directorship on the AA2, as well seeing you perform the pom pom dance first hand..Such a treat :lol:

Look forward to seeing your gallery!

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements