PNWDiver

Your Chance to Dive with Eric Cheng and Douglas Seifert!

From here on out I will just keep updating/editing this post for now so check here for updates.

Still need 1 more for Sunday to take out the larger boat and we need 1 more for Monday.

We have 3 votes for a mixer. Again we will provide adult beverages and snacks, you are responsible for witty conversation.

Sunday

Eric

Douglas

Jon

Carol

Bruce

Greg

Martin

Linda

Scotdiver

Pgundersons

Pgundersons

Johanna

Small Boat Filled!!! Can add 1 more for larger boat

Monday

Eric

Douglas

Jon

Carol

Greg

Martin

Kathryn

Aquatic

Scotdiver

Johanna

Ellen

Pgundersons

Pgundersons

Need 1 more to fill larger boat

Edited by NWDiver

Please count me as a yes for Sunday. I'll see if I can round up a buddy...

Was just on the Bandito on Saturday and had two marvelous dives...

Linda

Edited by mandarinfish

You can remove the question mark for me on Monday. I'll be there for both days. Now I just need to get in the water and get comfortable with a nearly new dry suit. Looking forward to meeting you all!

Greg

Sorry, correction folks i'm out for the 17th/18th.

-----------------------------------------------------------

still room for one more on both days?

this is wetsuit diveable, yea? i haven't been up that far before.

the website said 50-56 deg....but is that right? that's about water temp here in Norcal!

i've got 10mm but if that's not good enough, maybe i'll finally get my act together and get a drysuit. :) or do quick dives. :blush:

Edited by naylomo

Eric said: 'I promise that Douglas will not stab anyone.'

Are you sure you can guarantee that? <_<

post-6326-1216373518_thumb.jpg

Edited by Simon Rogerson

So we are short one body to fill the boat. We can look around for another person or spread the cost across the group and go out with a lucky 13 divers. Please choose "13" or "add one".

-----------------------------------------------------------

still room for one more on both days?

this is wetsuit diveable, yea? i haven't been up that far before.

the website said 50-56 deg....but is that right? that's about water temp here in Norcal!

i've got 10mm but if that's not good enough, maybe i'll finally get my act together and get a drysuit. :) or do quick dives. :blush:

People definitely dive this area in heavy wetsuits (7-10mm), although most end up getting dry suits after awhile. If you've been diving comfortably in 50 degrees in your 10mm, I'd say you'll be fine diving around here in it.

Eric said: 'I promise that Douglas will not stab anyone.'

Are you sure you can guarantee that? <_>

hmmm. perhaps I should amend the statement:

"Should Douglas stab anyone, I promise to capture it on film."

Well, not on film, but you understand. :)

So we are short one body to fill the boat. We can look around for another person or spread the cost across the group and go out with a lucky 13 divers. Please choose "13" or "add one".

13 is Lucky!!! :) Fine w/me - bakers' dozen you know.....

Carol

Edited by seagrant

I'm fine either way. It'll already by plenty "cozy" with 13! :)

So for now we will be going out with 13 divers. Might add $5-7 to everyone's tab. I will post more details as we get closer.

It turns out I'll be free on the 17th, so if there's still a space I would love to come along. Can't do the 18th, though, as I'm flying at 21.25. Space for a limey?

Space for a limey?
You may need two spaces ya porker!!!

Things will be tight but we can always take one more Simon. Did I mention there are Park Fees for our "foreign" visitors? They run about US$75 or the just about the cost of a days worth of boat diving.

Edited by NWDiver

Ah, but I've managed to shed 26 pounds, whereas you will always have the appearance of a giraffe suffering from acute whiplash...
Touche amigo.

Dive safe.

Having just reviewed the equipment I'll need for the course I'm doing prior to the 17th there is no way I'll manage to bring u/w gear as well.

As much as I would have liked to get some dives in, I'm afraid I will need to drop out.

Rob

The following is the current count I have for divers please check and if I am missing anyone let me know.

Also Eric says they are up for a greet and meet on Saturday or Sunday evening. We are happy to provide beverages and snacks, if folks would like to make it BYOB, burn your own burger, we have a good sized gas grill and we have plenty of condiments.

So Saturday or Sunday? Drinks & Snacks or BYOB?

Sunday

Eric

Douglas

Jon

Carol

Bruce

Greg

Martin

Simon

Linda

Pgundersons

Pgundersons

Johanna

12 Divers, need 2 more to fill boat

Monday

Eric

Douglas

Jon

Carol

Greg

Martin

Kathryn

Aquatic

Johanna

Ellen

Pgundersons

Pgundersons

12 Divers, need 2 more to fill boat

Also Eric says they are up for a greet and meet on Saturday or Sunday evening. We are happy to provide beverages and snacks, if folks would like to make it BYOB, burn your own burger, we have a good sized gas grill and we have plenty of condiments.

So Saturday or Sunday? Drinks & Snacks or BYOB?

FWIW, Sunday is the only evening that works for me...but that's just me.

Also, since a number of people will be coming from a ways away, bringing their own burgers isn't likely to be very convenient, so if you provide drinks and snacks, I'll bring hamburgers and hot dogs (and buns) for the whole group (a stop at Coscto should do it!)....if it's on Sunday.

ATTENTION ALL DIVERS!!!!

Here are the details for our upcoming adventure into the crystal clear waters of the Puget Sound that swarm with Giant Pacific Octos and Wolf Eels. :)

Sunday, August 17th

Be at the Delin’s Dock ready to go by 9:00am.

Monday, August 18th

Be at Delin’s Dock Ready to go by 10:00am.

Map to Delin Dock: http://www.banditocharters.com/bandito/ima...lin%20Docks.jpg

Please note these dives are very tide dependant so it is important you be a little early rather than a little late.

Trips average about 6 hours dependant on the divers. So figure we will be back to the dock around 3pm-4pm. For those of you not fimilar with the area it is about a 40-50minute drive from downtown Seattle to the dock, that is given no traffic. Monday it is very likely you will hit traffic both ways. Maybe some of the other local divers can chime in on how long they think it will take to get from downtown Seattle to the dock.

The Wetpixel Greet and Meet :blink:

Date: Sunday the 18th

Time: Will depend when we get off the boat. But giving time for folks to get home, unpack, hopefully shower, let’s say around 7pm.

Place:

Martin & Julie Heyn

3040 11th Ave W

Seattle 98119

The street parking can be tough but two cars can park on the curb in front of our house.

What to Bring: Pretty much just you and any friend, spouse or significant other. We will provide all beverages, adult and otherwise, snacks, buns and condiments. We need a count of how many will attend so we can get an idea of how much stuff we need. Bruce has been kind enough to volunteer to make a run for Burgers and Dogs.

Right now we have:Updated 7/28

Martin & Julie

Eric

Douglas

Jon & Angela

Bruce

Zeb

Kevin

Keep checking here for updates!

Edited by NWDiver

For clarification, is the meet & greet on Sunday the 17th, or Monday the 18th?

If it's the 17th, then Simon Rogerson will likely be there, too. (Simon?)

Sponsors

Advertisements