DavidScubadiver

Tokina AT-X AF 10-17mm f3.5-4.5 DX Fisheye

? I know that most people are using this lens on crop sensor cameras, but will this lense work on a full frame camera or will i have to look at another lens to use?

This lens is not designed for full frame. On my Nikon D700 at 17mm the full frame is seen, down to about 14mm where it starts to vignette. Nikon DX lenses will automatically crop the frame in camera, but this is not the case with the Tokina and most likely other non-Nikon DX lenses. 3 quick pics at 17, 14, and 10

post-5478-1219604755.jpg

post-5478-1219604766.jpg

post-5478-1219604782.jpg

Edited by loftus

loftus

thanks for the demo photos, i need to narrow the focus of the question then. Any Canon FF shooters use this lens?

great shots guys, what is the optimum port set up for this lens? there was talk of extensions, were they on the port or the lens it's self? and what size dome suits best. i'm thinking of changing over my tolk 12-24 (nik d200) for this one as i'm not that thrilled with it's performance behind it's recomended ikelite port.

ta

Does anyone know of software or PS plugin that will straighten the images from this lens? Have just got one and it's a lovely lens - would just like to be able to straighten some of the shots. Thanks for any help.

Does anyone know of software or PS plugin that will straighten the images from this lens? Have just got one and it's a lovely lens - would just like to be able to straighten some of the shots. Thanks for any help.

Take a look at PTlens, the programmer constantly updates the list of lenses covered with the program.

You have you remember thought that in order to straighten lines you will loose edge data.

I don't now have call to use any other underwater unless it's a 105mm macro.

Hey Steve

What camera are you using your new lens on ? :offtopic:

Hey Steve

What camera are you using your new lens on ? :offtopic:

have put desposit on the 5d mkii but in the meantime I got a cheapo 350d to play with...don't you have one of those paparazzi nikon things?

Take a look at PTlens, the programmer constantly updates the list of lenses covered with the program.

You have you remember thought that in order to straighten lines you will loose edge data.

Ahh this looks interesting - haven't seen this one before! Thanks very much, shall take a look.

I don't now have call to use any other underwater unless it's a 105mm macro.

Well Bantin who asked you anyway? Actually you were about to get an email... :offtopic:

Cheers fella, will take a look at this as well.

Wow! you guys are doing awesome work.

Here's my problem, I just started using the Tokina 10-17 in an Ikelite housing and my photos don't look as sharp as what I see here, I'm using the recommended 5510.11 (2.75in) extension but I believe my lens protrudes into the 8in. dome a bit too far (?)

Also, my 10-17 is not auto-focus, I had no idea when I ordered it, I thought they all were.

Any ideas? the next extension is 3.5 in.

What are you all using with ikelite housing?

Any help would be great. Thanks. Xman

The Tokina 10-17 has featured auto-focus since day one. If your lens does not feature it, it is because it is either broken, or the camera mode for auto focus is off or broken, or you have a Tokina knock-off which I have never seen one of the those.

What camera are you using it on? If it does not have an AF motor (like some Nikons), the lens will not AF

Adam

Crap, Adam you're correct, I just learned my DX camera will not autofocus with this lens and it's why I've been pre-focussing for underwater photography.(and controlling the zoom)

But my pics are still a bit soft at all distances, so it's not my set focus.

I still believe my lens does not fall in behind the 8in dome at the proper distance.

Anyone else using this set-up in Ikelite housing? Thanks guys

Sponsors

Advertisements