Sign in to follow this  
Jeff Phillips

Strobe issues - any ideas???

I've been using two DS-125's and learning quite a bit. Someday I believe I will even take a good picture. Now the question. On my last night dive the strobes worked fine at the start of the dive, then started auto firing randomly (randomly but in sync and the shutter lever was not activated) then stopped firing even when the shutter was activated. The focus light was on on both strobes during the dive. I turned the strobes off then back on - first just on then on with light. The light came on but the strobes did not fire. Then by chance I turned the shutter speed dial on the housing and when the dial was turned the strobes would fire in time with the dial being turned (D300 with Aquatica housing). After that the strobes worked fine. Ever heard of this?? Any suggestions as to what I might have messed up?? Thanks in advance for your time and knowledge base

Most stories like this that I've heard have usually been due to the flash connector working its way out of the hotshoe. Either you didn't seat it properly and it worked out over the course of the dive or as you were inserting the camera into the housing, it hit something and was pushed back enough to slightly unseat it.

Did you happen to notice anything when you broke down your gear? Did you do any testing on land to see if it was still sporadic later on?

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements