Sign in to follow this  
m.eppoliti

Custom made housing handle

Made to fit your housing.

High quality materials.

$25.00 each including shipping within the US.

PM for measuring instructions.

post-4809-1216767579_thumb.jpg

Edited by m.eppoliti

I had Mike make me one of these handles and it is great.

Custom made to fit my Ikelite housing, the materials used are all first rate.

The handle paid for itself this weekend when I had to hand my camera up to one of the deckhands on the boat who wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed. He went for the strobe arm, then saw the handle and grabbed it!

Thanks again Mike for a great piece of gear!

ed

Hey, from one not so sharp tool.... if the handle is attached to the strobe arms, what is the harm in grabbing the camera by the strobe arm?

I only have a single strobe. I tuck it in at the end of the dive, and lift the housing out of the water so the other tray handle is the only thing to grab. Frankly, I have no way to attach the thing to myself but should figure something out one of these days.

Hey, from one not so sharp tool.... if the handle is attached to the strobe arms, what is the harm in grabbing the camera by the strobe arm?

I only have a single strobe. I tuck it in at the end of the dive, and lift the housing out of the water so the other tray handle is the only thing to grab. Frankly, I have no way to attach the thing to myself but should figure something out one of these days.

When I shot with a single strobe I also folded the strobe over and handed to the housing to the deck hand handle first, but when you have a large housing with 2 strobes and long arms you really don't want a deck hand grabbing your rig by one of the strobes. Not only is it hard to handle, but the housing and other strobe are just dangling there and could get damaged.

On my housing the handle is attached to the base of the strobe arms near the housing, but you can attach it anywhere that works for you. When the carry handle is grabbed it puts an equal amount of force on both strobe arms and keeps the strobes and arms tight to the housing thus prevents the strobes from flopping all over the place and potentially getting damaged. It also gives the deck hand an obvious place to grab the rig. Anyone who shore dives will really appreciate this handle, as it allows you to carry the housing with one hand without the strobes hitting the ground.

Made to fit your housing.

High quality materials.

$25.00 each including shipping within the US.

PM for measuring instructions.

post-4809-1216767579_thumb.jpg

I can also ship worldwide for additional shipping fees.

Looks like a real quality piece at a very respectable price...

Hey Mike, looks like a great solution, I'd worry about the compression fitting scratching the housing. You might want to put a big piece of shrink sleeve over them. I used the similar fitting and a piece of my dogs old leash to lash up my version about 6 months ago. It handles nicely in the water and is just right to hook to a D-ring when I'm taking pictures. I'd like to feel more assured that the commercially sewn joint was truly reliable. Not sure how long it will last. I like the way your's sticks up for the boat guy to grab. Pluses and minuses for both I guess.

2372529772_70312638a6_o.jpg

2372529738_9070b89290.jpg

Steve

Hey Mike, looks like a great solution, I'd worry about the compression fitting scratching the housing. You might want to put a big piece of shrink sleeve over them. I used the similar fitting and a piece of my dogs old leash to lash up my version about 6 months ago. It handles nicely in the water and is just right to hook to a D-ring when I'm taking pictures. I'd like to feel more assured that the commercially sewn joint was truly reliable. Not sure how long it will last. I like the way your's sticks up for the boat guy to grab. Pluses and minuses for both I guess.

2372529772_70312638a6_o.jpg

2372529738_9070b89290.jpg

Steve

Thanks for the post. Its funny, I just purchsed 1" shrink tube to cover the fittings. Although there has been no scratches, the shrink tube just cleans the whole thing up.

Looks like a real quality piece at a very respectable price...

Thanks, may I sell you one?

I received my handle today and am very pleased with it. Thanks, Michael!

I received my handle today and am very pleased with it. Thanks, Michael!

Try west marine,

they have all the cables, hoses, brass and SS clips and crimps to make it for you on the spot.

bring some heat shrink with you and slide it on before the crimps.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements