echeng

Wetpixel software upgraded

Hello, readers. Cor Bosman and I have been working for the past couple of days to upgrade the software behind Wetpixel.com to current versions. We are pleased to announce that the upgrade went smoothly!

Browse around to find out what has changed. If you notice anything strange, please SHIFT-reload the page and if that doesn't work, post here to report problems. Be sure to include your operating system and browser (with version and add-ons list).

Here is a list of some of the things we've added. We'll be updating this post periodically.

• Lite skin for Team Wetpixel members. You can turn it on at the bottom of the forum pages.
  • lots of new emoticons
  • Forum RSS has changed, check the RSS icon on the bottom of the forum pages.
  • You can upload larger avatars. Max size is 158x80.
  • Turn on a country flag that's visible under your location field. Edit your country in your profile.
  • If you have added your position on the Member Map your location field in the topic view becomes clickable
  • Attached images show up at full size

Wetpixel upgrade done!

Here is a photo of Cor and me coding away (taken by Julie, who is currently gardening). It took us two days on the test server to migrate the old custom code into new plugin code (so the front page and forums can work together when you login). Everything seems to have gone smoothly, but please let us know if you see anything strange!

echeng080725_0166889.jpg

Wetpixel upgrade done! Please reply here if you see any strangeness...

PM link straight from message is gone. Not sure if intentional or not.

Imagine my shock when I came here about 1/2 hour ago before my morning coffee and my entrie reality changed :blink: Looks good so far

Hey, drew. click on the user's name in the post, and there is be a drop down. Click on "Send Message". :blink:

Hey, drew. click on the user's name in the post, and there is be a drop down. Click on "Send Message". :blink:

Eric tried that first off in fact before I mentioned no PM button, no drop down [the arrow indicated there should be one] but it went to your profile page. The send message link is listed there

On Firefox 1.5.0.12, OS 10.4.5 DP G5. Safari 2.03 same machine OS. Have other machines, Mac and a PC or two, with various OSes and browsers if you would like me to start trying out more combinations.

Edited by TheRealDrew

Amazing work guys, the only things I see so far is the Article dropdown isn't quite right (can't get to features, etc.) and the member map isn't working. Cheers :blink:

Running IE 7.0.5730.11 on a Windows XP machine

Steve

Edited by Steve Williams

Hi,

I find picture 'upload' is gone. Can you please, check ? Thanks.

Sam

Guys -- can you update your original posts here with your browser and version?

Feedback courtesy of special user, wptest1. :blink:

We just fixed the menu in IE7. Is it working ok now Steve?

A minor problem I see is that the icon on the tab is the IP board icon instead of WP.

Its both in the IE / FF tabs and on the address line

Its happens in the forum pages, not in the mail WP page of course.

Drew -- we just did some tests. In FF3, FF2, Safari, and IE, the dropdown works, and you get:

If you are NOT logged in, you only get 2 options: view member profile and view member blog.

Was logged in and it was not working (really and I have not yet been drinking much yet, still early in the AM :blink: ) It is working now. FWIW I think it was maybe cache related on my side, quit both browsers and re-opened.

Thanks, Arnon. Fixed!

Hi,

I find picture 'upload' is gone. Can you please, check ? Thanks.

Sam

Sam -- the upload interface has changed. Look at the "Attachment Editor" below the post textarea, and you'll see a place to browse and upload. It's easy to miss.

Is this what you are referring to?

This I doubt is a a WP problem.

Firefox 3 on XP (known problems with those two) ... fyi i want to revert to FF2 due to compatibility problems

The profile drop down menu as illustrated here

sendmessagescreenshot.png

does not work.

I would however think it is a FF3 and XP problem not WP.

Sorry for the double post - put this in the front-page comments but belongs here for feedback.

Is the empty white band at the top of each page, like an unused frame, intentional? If not, pointing it out. If so, it looks a bit empty and either can be filled with a graphic or done away with entirely. Granted I'm usually scrolled down a page most of the time.

Using Firefox 3.01, did perform a Ctrl-F5 reload to be sure it wasn't cache corruption at my end.

This I doubt is a a WP problem.

Firefox 3 on XP (known problems with those two) ... fyi i want to revert to FF2 due to compatibility problems

The profile drop down menu as illustrated here

sendmessagescreenshot.png

does not work.

I would however think it is a FF3 and XP problem not WP.

The drop down list does work on my computer with XP OS with FF3.

We just fixed the menu in IE7. Is it working ok now Steve?
Hi Cor! It's working on the front page but is hosed up on the forums pages, very weird.

Steve

Sorry for the double post - put this in the front-page comments but belongs here for feedback.

Is the empty white band at the top of each page, like an unused frame, intentional? If not, pointing it out. If so, it looks a bit empty and either can be filled with a graphic or done away with entirely. Granted I'm usually scrolled down a page most of the time.

Using Firefox 3.01, did perform a Ctrl-F5 reload to be sure it wasn't cache corruption at my end.

do you have an ad blocker on ? the top is where two banner ad's go.

D'oh!!! Yes, I do. Now turning off AdBlock for Wetpixel. I may not click them much, but don't want to not support the site by not even bein' advertised at by it. :blink:

One new suggestion: do the forums really need every link underlined? They didn't used to be, I don't think, but I could be wrong because the new font is a bit bolder.

Everyone, if you have any problems still, force-reload every page. Some things may be caching, especially javascript and css. SHIFT-reload should do it.

Steve, after a LONG battle with IE, css and html we figured out a way around that fly-out problem. Web design is such a cross-browser disaster. Is it ok now?

One new suggestion: do the forums really need every link underlined? They didn't used to be, I don't think, but I could be wrong because the new font is a bit bolder.

I've changed them back to the old style. :blink:

Just an fyi ... drop down menus for user names by side of posts is working for me now.

I tried clearing everything cache wise.. didn't work .. so i ended up disabling a few plugins on my end for FF3 .. it seems to have worked, it has also solved some other problems i was having ... so no need to take notice of my problems !

BTW I am loving the new Acronym things !

WTF .. he he he

I've changed them back to the old style. :blink:

Thanks, Eric! Much cleaner in my opinion.

That acronym thing is cool, too, but I'm way too lazy for that much excess coding when I post. Y'all can unnastandz me fine without that, ITR?

Edited by rtrski

Sponsors

Advertisements