Sign in to follow this  
JimSwims

Hello Wetpixies-A Photographic Introduction to JimSwims.

Hi Folks,

as I mentioned in my introductory post in the Galley I'd like to post some of my faves, so here's six of my best. Comments and Critique welcome.

For starters here's a recent one from the trip Cal and I took to Yorke Peninsula

Leafy Seadragon, Phycodurus eques night dive at Wool Bay Jetty.

2642059238_2f8c09d141.jpg

A daytime shot same subject same location.

2627060239_f9e03d177f.jpg

As you will get to know I love Cephalopods and love watching these intelligent molluscs behavior.

Here's a Southern Dumpling Squid, Euprymna tasmanica at my local 'muck' dive site Blairgowrie Marina.

2563635751_1e1ded14b5.jpg

A Sharp-nose Weedfish, Heteroclinus tristus again at my macro muck heaven Blairgowrie Marina.

2340524458_fe0b7ae68d.jpg

Every now and again I nail a really good shot with the 'Stackroscope' commonly known as stacked macro wet lens. Here's a couple.

A super close-up of a Short Tailed Ceratosoma, Ceratosoma brevicaudatum.

2245533931_5b7df7f5a3.jpg

And last but not least a Short-head Seahorse, Hippocampus breviceps a local favorite.

2244213200_0395eeca55.jpg

I hope you have enjoyed these images it sure was fun getting them and great to be able to share with you.

Cheers,

Jim ^_^

Hey,

Beautiful images Jim!

Is that last short headed seahorse shot a new one? I dont think ive seen it before.

Welcome to wexpixel ^_^

see you bright and early..............

Cal

Great stuff Jim - Good to see some work by another Melbournian. I did my first Blairgowrie dive recently. Loved it

Edited by Stephen Colquitt

Hey,

Beautiful images Jim!

Is that last short headed seahorse shot a new one? I dont think ive seen it before.

Welcome to wexpixel ^_^

see you bright and early..............

Cal

Thanks Cal, hope you had some good dives yesterday and sorry I couldn't make it.

The Short-head shot was taken at Rye in February.

Beautiful pictures. Welcome aboard!

Thanks David, I've been meaning to get on to wetpixel for ages, but for some reason was intimidated by its reputation as a professionals forum.

Great stuff Jim - Good to see some work by another Melbournian. I did my first Blairgowrie dive recently. Loved it

G'day Stephen great to see another local here, must catch up for a dive some time. Isn't Blair a great site!

Cheers,

Jim.

Hi Jim,

Welcome to Wetpixel. Some wonderful shots from our southern waters, this is the kind of stuff that inspires me to head south of the border.

Regards

Nigel

Jim,

Welcome to Wetpixel and congrat's on the great images. Being a nudi lover I really like your Ceratosoma shot, I'd love to see that species, it's a real beauty!

Keep it coming...

Hiya Jim!

Welcome to wp

lurve your cephalopods :)

this is a sweet shot too ...

2642059238_2f8c09d141.jpg

cheers

Leander

Welcome Jim!

Both your and Cal's photos on here and DO have almost (but not quite) convinced me to head south and dive down your way! You've got some amazing photos, great to see aussies doing so well!

For now, I'll stick with our warm Qld and northern NSW waters though ;-)

Ryan.

Edited by aussie

Hi Jim,

Welcome to Wetpixel. Some wonderful shots from our southern waters, this is the kind of stuff that inspires me to head south of the border.

Regards

Nigel

Hi Nigel, thanks for your comments and its great to hear you're tempted to come south as we have some amazing stuff down here

things you'll won't find anywhere else on the planet. Do yourself a favour you won't be disappointed :huh:

Jim,

Welcome to Wetpixel and congrat's on the great images. Being a nudi lover I really like your Ceratosoma shot, I'd love to see that species, it's a real beauty!

Keep it coming...

Thanks Graham do you get that sp up your way or have you dived down here?

Hiya Jim!

Welcome to wp

lurve your cephalopods :wub:

this is a sweet shot too ...

cheers

Leander

Thanks Leander I've been enjoying your images on Flickr for some time and it's great to join you here on WP :D

Here's another Cephalopod just for you! :wub:

Pale Octopus, Octopus pallidus, Mornington Pier.

1965325220_6cd85a8d7f.jpg

Welcome Jim!

Both your and Cal's photos on here and DO have almost (but not quite) convinced me to head south and dive down your way! You've got some amazing photos, great to see aussies doing so well!

For now, I'll stick with our warm Qld and northern NSW waters though ;-)

Ryan.

Gee thanks Ryan I really hope our images do manage to encourage you to visit us down here, you won't regret it. My regular dive buddy Cal and I have really enjoyed

showing off the amazing critters we have in southern Australian waters and truly believe the diving here is on par with anything in the world it's just under promoted :P

Welcome, great entrance.

Thank you Arnon, I'm glad to have joined the forum :D

Cheers :)

Jim.

Lovely shots Jim. The Leafy is one of, if not my favourite critter.

You definitely nailed the nudi with your Stackroscope. Super shot.

Pale Octopus, Octopus pallidus, Mornington Pier.

1965325220_6cd85a8d7f.jpg

wow, that's one I haven't seen :)

well, you got my attention, these are lovely....wow...love the first one.. thanks

As you know I visit your flickr site, keep the great stuff coming

Jim,

Your Leafy images (all of them for that matter) are stunning. What a way to say hello to the wetpixel world!! :o Can't wait to see more... :chatterbox:

Amanda

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements