Sign in to follow this  
RussFair

Whale Sharks in November

Where would you suggest as the most likely destination for encountering Whale Sharks in November? My wife's birthday is coming up and I would.... er I mean she!, she would love to finally see (at least) one. I figure this group has to be my best bet for a good recommendation.

Can recommend Sogod Bay in the Philippines which have whale sharks in November and plenty of other great diving.

Sogod Bay Scuba Resort

Regards

Nigel

Djibouti, Mozambique (and by extension Sodwana Bay), Seychelles (Aldabra) are great places to catch aggregating whalesharks in Nov.

Sodwana has the best facilities (with microlites searching for them and then you just drop in on them in the shallows). It's also the tail end of the migration of humpbacks heading towards the breeding grounds in the channel and Madagascar. It's rainy season though but you get all sorts of other things like mantas, bull and tiger sharks etc.

Djibouti is also great but can only be done by liveaboard, as is Aldabra. Sogod's season starts in Nov and when I was there for a week I saw diddly. I went back in Jan and say quite a few. Obviosly YMMV.

Tofo in Mozambique. Manta rays and whalesharks as close to a guarantee as possible. One operator even give a 500 EURO back guarantee if you don't see a whaleshark on Scuba och snorkeling during a weeks diving.

I've only been there once (november 2006) and we had 5-6 whalesharks in a week, which was considered a 'bad' week.

/christian

a friend of mine had plenty of whalesharks at wolf and darwin in galapgos in november although the right time is around august there. at the beginning of december the season for whalesharks in kenia- chale island starts.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements