Sign in to follow this  
acroporas

Ikelite 5D Housing

housing.jpg

For sale - $850 + shipping - Ikelite housing for Canon 5D. Includes: Ikelite housing with Ikelite handles, ballast weight, 1 extra O-ring, and a few tubes of of O-ring grease. (port, which is shown in the picture, is not included)

Housing is in reasonably good lightly used condition. It has only been used on 20 or so dives. There are a few light scratches in the casing, and a few rust spots in the button holes and around the snaps. I'll add some more close up pictures in a few days if it is not already sold.

A few weeks ago I serviced it (removed all the buttons and lubed the button o-rings) before taking it on it's final (at least final for me) 2 dives and it worked just as good as the first time I took it out.

It has never been flooded or had any leaks of any kind.

eTTL has always been unreliable - sometimes it would work great, others not so much. I don't know if it was just my housing or how they all work, but I've found I am more consistent manually controlling the flash than eTTL is. I usually just use the housing flash controls in manual mode and it works great.

If the buyer of the housing wants a complete ready-to-shoot kit, I am willing to include ports, strobes, arms, sync cords, ect... in the deal as well, but since most likely I will need to replace them to go with my next housing, I won't be letting them go for significantly less than what I it would cost me to replace them.

Canon 5D body is also available as an add-on.

Hi Acroporas

It might not be that interesting for you, given that you sell your 5D housing now, but it might be for the buyer of the housing. I have a 5D housing with exactly the same ttl-symptoms you describe. I found out after lots of testing that the reason was that the fit is so close that the hot shoe connector often gets pushed backwards a little bit, hardly noticeable, when closing the housing. The last 25 dives I have used a piece of rubber eraser that just fit between the hotshoe connector and the back plate of the housing, so it is impossible for the connector to be moved. Since then, no problems with the ttl.

Best regards

Bent

[if you're interested in selling the 5d, how much and how many shutter clicks? Thanks

[if you're interested in selling the 5d, how much and how many shutter clicks? Thanks

5D Body is only for sale with the Housing. Shutter count as of today is at 14,671. The 5D shutter is rated at 100,000 so it still has a bit of life in it.

I have been asked for the price of the full kit. Here is the prices for everything. You don't have to buy everything on this list, but you have to buy the housing to get anything anything else. After the housing is sold I might consider selling the rest individually. But that would be in a separate thread.

Item				MSRP	Price	Quanttity	Total
Ikelite Housing for Canon 5D	1200	850	1		850
Ikelite DS-125 Kit (strobe 
+ charger  + arms + sync 
cord (1 single + 1 dual))	1100	1000	2		2000
Ikelite 8” dome			400	360	1		360
5510.10 Super Wide Port Body	125	110	1		110
5510.16 Standard Zoom Port Body	125	110	1		110
5505.58 Lens less than 6.1"	150	100	1		100
Pelican 1600 Case with velcro 
padded dividers (fits all of 
the above)			200	150	1		150