Sign in to follow this  
jlyle

COZUMEL - Three weeks isn't enough

Here's the link to our August trip to Cozumel. Lots of pictures (Oly E-330).

Click here

Enjoy.

WOW! Great job Jim, there are some wonderful images and fun stories. Thanks for taking me to Coz this morning. ;)

Steve

For those of you who don't know, I'm the Bonnie someone thought was Jim's daughter. I laughed about that for a long time. A lady approached me one morning as I was getting my typical two cups of coffee and commented about how nice it was that I was getting coffee for my husband. I don't know if I even said anything before she continued with... "that tall, handsome man you were chatting with yesterday?". Even more confused, I still don't know if I said anything. Probably just "oh yah, him!". I was half asleep but knew enough to keep my mouth shut and let a good rumor stick. I guess the moral of the story is to hang with good-looking people and let everyone else wonder what you're up to.

Amazing trip report Jim and even more amazing pictures! It would be an honor to be your daughter. ;) OK Jim, I'll shut up now.

Bonnie

P.S. Jim did get three honorable mentions in the photo contest and wife Deborah won second place!

Wonderful report and most excellent pics... Jim, you have been the person that I have looked up to for the last several years. What a pleasure it was meeting you and your lovely wife, Deborah. For us, it was great to share this fantastic trip with you guys and your friends. Thanks so much and the amount of pics you posted are awesome. Love the jaw fish with eggs, but one of my favorites is the

Sgt. Major eggs.., awesome ! Thanks for taking the time to post such an amazing report. Scott PS, Bonnie is the bomb!!!

I just finished the trip slideshow and will be sending a DVD off to all my accomplices. For now you can see it

Bonnie the bomb (hey, I like the sound of that!)

Is it possible to embed videos into our posts?

Edited by underwatercolours

Here's the link to our August trip to Cozumel. Lots of pictures (Oly E-330).

Click here

Enjoy.

Good stuff. And I emphathize with you - Just came back from a three week trip to Mexico, two in Coz and one in Akumal. Coming back from one day of diving. Dolphins under the boat, pod of 10-12. Got my video camera handed to me, turned it on, pointed in the general direction to start shooting. Battery died as you see a couple of shadows as I start pointing it. Turned it off and on again hoping to get a couple of seconds, start moving into the pod that is stacked ontop of one another, and did not work to get any more run timee. About 5 seconds of them - unframed and not focused - stacked on top of one another.

But I do not htink I will ever forget how they looked.

Hey, Drew!

See? Everyone thinks they're cute, but dolphins are cruel, evil creatures with camera jamming abilities!

Thank God for mental images...they're all I've got, too.

Hey, Drew!

See? Everyone thinks they're cute, but dolphins are cruel, evil creatures with camera jamming abilities!

Thank God for mental images...they're all I've got, too.

LMAO. Very true. Interestingly enough I had seen them on a earlier trip to Coz when they kept pace with the bow of the boat for awhile and the same thing happened..got about 3 seconds of them. And later in the trip in Akumal we had them right up to the boat as we we getting to the site, we rolled in right away and I spent the whole dive looking around just waiting for them to come in for even just ten seconds - in an extension of their camera jamming abilities I basically made sure to not shoot that much to make sure I did not waste batteries or tapes and probably missed some shots I should have gotten.

Insidious creatures, but the truth has been revealed.

BTW really lock the jawfish shot. Love those guys and I am pretty sure they are related to the dolphins. One time there was about 10 of them and I was able to lay down in the sand and they just popped up in front of me. Of course my still camera had an issue so I left it at the hotel and I let my wife have my video camera that dive.

Oh well, guess I gotta go back to Cozumel again until I get it right.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements