Sign in to follow this  
Cornforth Images

Diving in Panama?

Anyone have any experience scuba diving in Panama. I am going to be there in January. I have not seen very much information on the internet about any dive operators there. Supposedly there are whale sharks to be seen around Isla Coiba. If you wouldn't mind sharing some advice, I am open to any suggestions. Thanks.

Edited by Cornforth Images

Hi,

I have been to Panama 3 times. We did some diving around Coiba. The vis is not very good but there are humpbacks and dolphins around sometimes, maybe good for snorkling. I did three trips on the Inula to Malpelo from David in Panama. Arvid , the german owner, also offers Coiba diving only or did it. Check it out here:

www.inula-diving.com

Or go to Malpelo. Visit www.marinevideo.eu . There is my video for the inula and Malpelo. We just finished it for Arvid.

I only did maybe 5 dives in panamanien waters. I saw a manta ray, a small school of hammerhaeds, white tips and dolphins during the dives. One time we missed the reef and the current brought as into to awsome school of jacks. From the ship we saw the whales. Don't expect to much but it is maybe worth a try-

Cheers Uli

Have not been diving in Panama but i found some reports and articles at Undercurrent . I recommend that you take a look it have a lot of interesting and detailed info .

good luck

JA

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements