Sign in to follow this  
vazuw

Three strobe technique

I'm diving north channel islands,ca next weekend. I'd like to try three strobes with my d2x/aquatica/10.5. I have three inon 220. I'd appreciate any tips or advice. thanks

I've done it. I mounted one 220 on the ball on top of my housing (which I typically use for my focus light) and set it as a manual slave. It would fire pretty reliably for CFWA but wasn't as good for regular wideangle.

Point the strobe slightly up, or if you're worried about backscatter, mount it on a short arm and also point it up.

Cheers

James

Hi, i am in love with my Tokina 10-17mm lens and have been using 3 strobes with it for over a year now and it absolutly fantastic especially for close up wide angle shots, you can use the middle strobe to light, say a frogfish, and the 2 wide ones to light the background to your liking on their long arms where their light doesn't interfere with your main subject, it makes adjusting the light on yor subject more easy than hard, fantastic for anenome fish, scorpionfish or... well you get the idea, have a look at some of my shots i took with it this way at http://www.jeztryner.com/Asian_diver_portfolio.htm

plus you don't get that nasty hole i the middle where you light dies off and more power hence some awesome reef shots

i hope this helps,

Jez

diving in ca with 3 lights you could end up with 3 times the backscatter if you're not really careful.

I am anticipating the back scatter issue, so I was going to try a few different positions, and settings for the middle strobe, thanks for the reminder

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements