Sign in to follow this  
ornate_wrasse

Zoom gear for Tokina 10-17

My zoom gear for the Tokina 10-17, which had been on back order from Reef Photo, finally arrived yesterday :lol:

I am expecting the Tokina 10-17 lens to be delivered today :wacko:

My question: what is the best way to put it on the lens and use it in my Subal housing?

The reason I'm asking is because I was talking to a friend who told me that it took him 20 minutes to figure out how to put it on his Tokina 10-17 lens!

(He uses the same camera, housing and lens as I do) I'd like to avoid such problems and, therefore, seek advice as how to do this before I try it myself and encounter potentially massive frustration. :)

The good news is that the zoom gear arrived in plenty of time before my scheduled trip to Indonesia. I leave two weeks from today.

Thanks for the help.

Ellen

Just press it on from the back, gears forward (toward the front of the lens). Push it far enough so the numbers of the zoom ratio show. Then tighten the plastic screws.

It's easy. Two minutes.

Just press it on from the back, gears forward (toward the front of the lens). Push it far enough so the numbers of the zoom ratio show. Then tighten the plastic screws.

It's easy. Two minutes.

Thanks, Eric. It doesn't sound difficult at all. I don't know why my friend was having such problems. I'll post again if I have problems when I try it tonight after the lens arrives.

Ellen

I had my 10-17 in the water for the first time last week -- you'll love it!

Eric's instructions are correct. (Mine fit snugly without much tightening of the screws.) As with any gear, ensure that it's even all the way around and that it meshes with the gear on the Subal housing.

Have fun!

Mark

Yeah, I agree with the lads: I can't see why your friend had a problem. Its just a matter of gently easing the ring on to the lens barrel. Its a two minute job. As Phil says, just disengage the AF/MF Subal switch before inserting lens. And away you go...... its a terrific U/W lens. No so great topside though!

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements