sharky1961

D300 and sunballs

Hi;

I am switching from D200 to D300. With the D200 I used to shoot with ISO 100 especcialy sunballs. If I set ISO with the D300 to the lowest normal ISO that would be 200 Yes I know you could set it to ISO 100, but that would be an interpolation by the camera software and nikon says there can be problems in the highlights. That is just the reason to set it to ISO 100 so you can get a shutterspedd of 1/250 or slower (wich is the syncspeed for strobes)

So do you shoot Sunballs with ISO 200 or 100?? what shutterspeed do you have with ISO 200???

Rob

Hi Alex,

thanks I read the thred nice sunballs with booth D200 and D300, but I see just 1 Exiffile, the other 2 don't show up so I cannot see ISO and shutterspeed

Rob

So do you shoot Sunballs with ISO 200 or 100??

I'm shooting sunballs at 200... but all the other pictures at '100'! I haven't done a real comparison yet, it is only based on the D300 dpreview test - see here : the dynamic range for the highlight is better at 200 then 100. To be noticed: the best range (including shadows and highlights) is obtained at ISO 400 & 800.

what shutterspeed do you have with ISO 200???

depends on conditions (depth, available light, green/blue water, ...)

Claude

Sponsors

Advertisements