JennyHuang

Jewels of lembeh

Dear all,

:) Hi, I just came back from Lembeh. ( Kasawari Lembeh Resort now is my favorite diving resort! :uwphotog: )

This is slideshow of the trip. ( D200,60mm,105mmvr,105mmvr+1.4xTC)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/diverslog/set...138807358/show/

I told DG that i want to see the subject about eggs, they did very well for my request.

Sadly, there are no hairy forgfish anymore.... :nea:

thank you for viewing and comments.

cheers,

Jenny

Edited by JennyHuang

Jenny - there are some amazing shots: congrats!

I definitely need to go there again...

Claude

No hairy forgfish? Danm!

I guess I'm out of luck, as I'm still waiting to see one, and was hoping they might have been in Lembeh...

The stuff you shot is great, though. What was your best or favourite lens, and lighting technique? I'd like to take less gear to Lembeh next year, so advice would fantastic.

Tim

:uwphotog:

Quite spectacular! You have a wonderfully different perspective Jenny. Beautiful use of DOF.

The 'one-tooth' parrotfish (I think), gave me quite a chuckle. :uwphotog:

Thank you so much Claude,Tim,Jeff,Erwin for the great words. :uwphotog:

Hi Tim, it depends on what you want to take. i used 60mm most of time for unmoving critters.

i did 4 night dives (my great guide,hard working :) ) during one week trip. 80% of critters were encountered during night dive.

Edited by JennyHuang

cool shots!

Our guide found a hairy yesterday :uwphotog:

I was in Lembeh a few weeks before you, Jenny. It looks like we saw several of the exact same subjects, including the ornate GPF. You did a better job than I, as you were able to get both in the picture. Really lovely! I also like your tiger shrimp. I dare not post my attempt. I was, however, lucky enough to see several hairy frogfish :uwphotog:

Cheers, David

cool shots!

Our guide found a hairy yesterday :)

thank you all. :nea:

Hi Simon, where did your guide find hairy frogfish ? in sereya of Bali? I am planning to go there next week. :uwphotog:

I was in Lembeh a few weeks before you, Jenny. It looks like we saw several of the exact same subjects, including the ornate GPF. You did a better job than I, as you were able to get both in the picture. Really lovely! I also like your tiger shrimp. I dare not post my attempt. I was, however, lucky enough to see several hairy frogfish :)

Cheers, David

Hi David, glad to hear from you. :nea:

lucky you to see "several " of them. next time i will dive with you.

now i feel better because i just worry about they are not there anymore!

thank you my friend. :uwphotog:

Beautiful as always Jenny, but you really did some special work on this trip. The image of the red urchin with the blue spots merging is very special. Congrats on a great trip! :uwphotog:

Steve

beautiful images! I would guess that you have done this once or twice before... :uwphotog:

Hi there Jenny, those are wonderful! wow....

Jenny, lovely photos as always. Very colourful and artistic.

80% from night dives. Hmmm...maybe I will start doing more night dives.

mesmerising..........

Hi David, glad to hear from you. :nea:

lucky you to see "several " of them. next time i will dive with you.

now i feel better because i just worry about they are not there anymore!

thank you my friend. :uwphotog:

It had actually been several trips since I had seen the hairy frogfish in Lembeh. I was worried too. As you know better than I, some of it has to do with environmental conditions, some of it is your guide, and of course....much of it is just dumb luck. Overall, I didn't see nearly as much diversity on this trip. I missed the flamboyant cuttlefish, not so many nudis, there wasn't time to visit the resident rhynopias of Aer Perang, and our search for the harlequins at Police Pier was a failure. On the other hand, I saw more mimics on this visit than in all my other trips combined, I found ornate GPF on numerous sites, and froggies & cuttlefish were in ample supply. I enjoyed it immensely.

Speaking of dumb luck, I also went to Bali on this trip. Seraya was incredible! Believe it or not, we saw a thresher shark in 15 meters of water, at 1 pm, from about 5 meters away in clear viz. Definitely the highlight of my trip. :)

Edited by dsbierman

Real jewels! I love them.

Edited by Sven

Very nice set. I tried to look last week and for some reason the slideshow would not play for me. I think it was my connection.

Looks great now.

Alex

;):) thank you for the encouragements, Alex!

I read your articles and photos when i started shooting u/w photos.

cheers,

thank you all. :)

Hi Simon, where did your guide find hairy frogfish ? in sereya of Bali? I am planning to go there next week. ;)

I'm in Lembeh...

I dont think they get hairy frogfish in Bali. :)

Sponsors

Advertisements