arsibaba

Canon G9 Casing

Mark, thanks for the heads up on that trick. This little camera just keeps getting better...

I wish I had read these posts before I went to my honeymoon in Tonga. Thank you all for tips on using G9. I just booked a trip to Lembeh/Bunaken and I am bound to get better pictures this time.

I have G9 with Canon OEM housing, I will take pictures with cloudy WB and RAW in future. I will try to get on the same level as critters.

Here are the best ones I was able to get in Tonga:

2944057563_4893af1320.jpg

and video:

Edited by maurilyly

I will take pictures with cloudy WB and RAW in future.

You can give that a shot, but I think you'll find that is a bit too warm of a setting to shoot with strobes. As I see it, if you shoot RAW , "Auto" WB is an excellent option as it will give you a much better starting point in post ... and one more "preset" you can choose from ... JMHO.

Here are the best ones I was able to get in Tonga:

2944057563_4893af1320.jpg

I hope you don't mind, but I gave this a tweak in Photoshop to fix the colors as I think it is a bit green, but a very nice shot ...

I used a little trick I posted about a while back ... here's the link ...

And here's the fixed up shot ... it really brings out the pinks and reds ...

post-14536-1231938064.jpg

I hope you don't mind, but I gave this a tweak in Photoshop to fix the colors as I think it is a bit green, but a very nice shot ...

I certainly don´t mind. Thank you again. I will check your advice when I get back from holiday for after processing pix!

Thanks for all the tips guys. I'm finally back from my trip. And thought I would post some pics.

Well, turns out i'm not the best of divers so between taking great pictures close up and ensuring the safety of the corals, i picked the coral reef. So my pics aren't as good as I had hoped. A lot of blur too. But i'm more than satisfied for most.

If someone wants to play around with the pictures, be my guest. I have the originals in 12MP (not RAW sadly) and have no problems posting them somewhere for someone. In the meantime, this is a public album

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2069...mp;id=836570577

Sponsors

Advertisements