Sign in to follow this  
dkayuk

Inon Z-240 and Olympus PT-E05 housing

Hi

I am considering a move to the Olympus PT-E05 housing from my existing SP350/PT30 setup. Currently, I own a flashgun made by Inon - its' the Z240 Type 3 with the Inon arm system, and it's hooked up via the Inon Bayonet and a fiber optic cable. It's used in manual mode (configured as SLAVE) on my camera.

My question is, what do I need to buy to connect my flash gun to the Olympus PT-E05 housing. I expect that the arm system doesn't need to be replaced?

I am going with a fairly basic system for now, using the 14-42mm lens and the 35mm macro lens. The plan is to stay with full manual/SLAVE mode. Will this work?

If anyone has this setup, I'd be interested in your experiences with it (good or bad).

thx

DK

PS: does anyone know of a US reseller who will ship to the UK? I spoke to a couple of UK retailers and apparently the PT-E05 housing is not available in Europe!!

Have looked at the B&H website but they don't seem to sell any Olympus SLR housings.

PM Sent.

You should have what you need to work with your Inon strobes. They should work great in S-TTL as well as manual. The optical cord just goes in the top "port".

The tray necessary needs to be fairly wide and flat to fit. I know of a couple of options, but one is expensive, the other only takes one strobe... I'm actually working on getting my manufacturer to design a new one for this housing, but it will be a ways off.

Jack

The PTE-05 has two built in fiber optic ports in the housing. All you need to have to connect the Inon is a Inon optical D cable....this should be the same cable you're using. I actually added Sea&Sea optical connnectors to the open end of the D cable and they fit in the larger slots however, I believe you can just insert the cable into the smaller openings if you don't have the Sea&Sea type.

The PTE-05 has two built in fiber optic ports in the housing. All you need to have to connect the Inon is a Inon optical D cable....this should be the same cable you're using. I actually added Sea&Sea optical connnectors to the open end of the D cable and they fit in the larger slots however, I believe you can just insert the cable into the smaller openings if you don't have the Sea&Sea type.

thx for your reply Gary.

How would the open-end of the D cable secured? Some kind of velcro or would duct-tape do the job?

DK

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements