Sign in to follow this  
KirkD

Tokina 100mm f/2.8 AT-X M100 AF PRO D Autofocus Macro for Nikon

I'm looking into potentially making the jump from point and shoot to dSLR. I'm contemplating the Nikon D90. Waiting for housings to become available before purchasing the housing (FYI I contacted Sea & Sea and there has been discussion yet to plan a housing for this unit).

I have been looking through the forums and it was pretty obvious people are happy with the Tokina Fisheye when used with a DX-format sensor, but not the X-format. So, I've pretty much decided to go with this lense.

Now I'm looking into a macro lense. I've looked at the Nikon 60mm and 105mm, but I went to Tokina's website to look at the fisheye lense, when I saw the 100mm macro. Has anyone used this lense? Any other macro lense suggestions are appreciated.

Kirk

Hi Kirk,

Checkout this photozone lens page for one opinion on the Tokina 100mm. It's a great place to look for detailed info on almost any lens. Front page is here.

Steve

Edited by Steve Williams

Hi Kirk,

I believe Tamron just release an update 90mm macro that is supposed to be QUITE nice. Might also be worth looking at.

Cheers

James

Personally, I would rather start with the 60mm as the first macro lens on DX. I think it is more versatile and easy to use than a 100mm, and it gives the same 1:1 magnification.

You can always add a converter like the Kenko Pro x1.4 to the 60mm and get a 84mm equivalent with greater magnification, and still a decent focus.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements