sgietler

Anilao dive site recommendations

I'll be going to Anilao (and only Anilao) in 3 weeks..

If you've been there recently, I was wondering which dive sites you enjoyed for photography and why...

Also, I'll be doing mostly macro, but let me know if there is a good WA spot for when I need a wide-angle break.

thanks alot!

Scott

If you've been there recently, I was wondering which dive sites you enjoyed for photography and why...

Also, I'll be doing mostly macro, but let me know if there is a good WA spot for when I need a wide-angle break.

thanks alot!

Scott

All of the sites are great for macro. Beatrice, Back of Sombrero, Bahura are particularly good for wide angle. Most of Anilao is more geared for macro due to the abundance of macro animals. I haven't dived in October there, but have in November. It would be best to ask you dive guide where a certain critter has been seen as in the different seasons, different animals seem to be more abundant and found in different places. This can change from year to year. For example, there have been times when certain sites that were hot, have been a total dud the next year!

Have fun. I like all the sites and have dived there for 8 years!

thanks alot!

Scott

One of the best for macro is Basura

Edited by tankado

I was last there in 2002 so things might have changed but one of my favorite all around sites was Twin Rocks. I got some of my best macro and wa images at that site. The best wa site I dove was Beatrice Rock but that's kind of in the middle of the channel and dependant on tides/currents.

One of the best for macro is Basura

Yes, it can be very good. But some seasons it is slow to start or just not quite up to speed. Some years I want to do every dive at Basura, and others just a few times. There is no way to be sure until you get there and discuss with your guide.

Given that October is not the "high season", the critter life can be quite variable. There are about 20 or so sites from Ligpo all the way to Devil's Point (nice corals for WA), and they all have been great, and other years have been 'so-so". I fully recommend discussing what you are interested in seeing, and have them take you to that site.

Good luck,

Robin

Hi,

SolanoBezo here has a diving shop in Anilao & is safe and good place

as even head of state dove there recently.

For WA pics, I recommand Twin Rock area these days and For macro, you can go

anywhere in Anilao & has macro stuff there. I do not recommand Basura

anymore & was damaged by typhoon few years ago & is not fully recovered.

Sam

Hi,

Just been back from Anilao after my 6th time. Everything is great there. Now is low season (they just had a typhoon) and nobody is around. Actually the season is starting now.

My always favorite is Kerbis Rock. I usually dive it at 7.00am. By the end of the dive, when the sun is up, the sun light hits the big boulder and is amazing (we spotted 3 huge frogfish). Also very good are Beatrice for drift dives and you dive it in slack is incredibly good as well. The highlight of 2 weeks ago was, in Bethlehem, a boxer crab carrying eggs. at the same site we found a huge number of nudis. I could go on forever and all the other sites mentioned below are always great. The most famous muck sites: Basura and Mahinit. Photos on my site soon.

Enjoy it. I'm really envious!

alex

Sponsors

Advertisements